Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, April 24 2024 @ 08:35 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Should I Be Concerned About this Error?

tacomamama

Forum User
Tonight, for about 10 scary minutes I was getting this error:

An error occurred while rendering this page, please try again later.

Happened in both browsers.

I read the wiki entry about this and changed rootdebug to true (although I should already have been logged in as an admin) but after I saved my config file again the error went away and everything loaded fine, so I changed it back. So good, everything looks fine, right?

I just want to make sure there's nothing funky going on with my database or anything else I should be worried about. What would some common reasons be for getting this error, other than a new install? (Which this isn't, the site's been up for a year and a half so I don't think it has anything to do with the cause mentioned in the WIki.)

Reassure me. Is it all going to blow up? Should I back up my database right now and start frantically looking for causes or is it likely just some random thing that has passed? This weekend my traffic should be substantial with Mother's Day coming up, so it would be a bad time to go down.

Thanks in advance

- Jen

1000ideen

Forum User
If things change right out of the bue it is usually the hoster, maybe the mysql server. Have you asked them?
Backing up is always good.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
As Markus said, it could have been a temporary problem at your hoster's end. Is there anything in your error.log for the time?

bye, Dirk

P.S. And, yes backups are never a bad idea.

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:35 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content