Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, April 23 2024 @ 11:59 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Checkout plugin (also does versioning)

Euan

Forum User
I've just made a new plugin, called "checkout". It allows you to lock items when someone is editing them, so that two users can't edit the same thing at the same time. It also allows you to add versioning, keeping old versions of items as a backup. The obvious use is for staticpages.

It is working for me, but there are some things to finish (mainly, you can delete old versions, but you can't reinstate them yet). Also, because this plugin works with other plugins, you need to modify those other plugins until developers adopt this system and incorporate the relevant hooks in their plugins.

Anyway, I'm looking for some beta testers. If you are interested in a tarball, please email me (info at heatherengineering dot com) and I'll send it over. Installation is the same as for any other plugin, but you are required to add some lines to other plugins, for which instructions are supplied. I'm not going to support queries about how to do that at the moment, so I'd prefer people who have some PHP skills. In particular, I'd really like someone who is good with security issues to look at it for me.

Cheers,

Euan.
-- Heather Engineering
-- No job too small

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:59 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content