Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 19 2024 @ 05:02 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

zClassified image upload error

Joe Ultrascan

Forum User
Junior
Can anyone translate this for me? I have checked the permissions and they are set correctly. The paths in the config.php file seem right, All works fine - except the image upload function.

An error has occurred:
2 - copy() [function.copy]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File() is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/vhosts/albemarleweb.com/httpdocs:/tmp) @ /var/www/vhosts/albemarleweb.com/httpdocs/advt/list.php line 231

thanks
Good things come to those who wait. Of course it does not hurt to to work like hell while you are waiting.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
open_basedir is a restriction imposed by your hosting service that allows them the restrict your access to certain directories (the two listed in the error message, in your case).

It seems the upload tries to put the image somewhere else, which is not allowed. Hence the error message.

That could be a problem in zClassifieds or a configuration problem at your hosting service's end. What happens when you try to upload an image through Geeklog itself (user photo or an image for an article)? Does it work or do you get the same error message?

bye, Dirk

Joe Ultrascan

Forum User
Junior
I can upload images to the site. I have my mug shot on "my account".
Only problem I have found so far is with the zClassified upload add image function
Good things come to those who wait. Of course it does not hurt to to work like hell while you are waiting.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Okay, so the problem is with zClassifieds. Which, unfortunately, I know next to nothing about ...

Anyone else?

bye, Dirk

Joe Ultrascan

Forum User
Junior
cheerful
Found the problem

Two fold:
First - Create a folder in public_docs/advt/images/ called thumb
Two- Both thumb and large image must be uploaded when creating the ad.
If only the large image is uploaded, the error msg appears and a image missing icon appears in place of the thumb. However clicking on the icon brings up the large image in a separate window.

Works like a charm

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:02 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content