Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, April 24 2024 @ 09:00 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Question about forum plugin/color

Johnnn

Anonymous
Sorry if this isn't supposed to go here.

I just installed the 2..7 forum on my contemporary_v1 theme. I'm trying to change the forum colors so they match the theme. The forum is showing up with some blue backgrounds, and I want them changed to a brown/orange type of hex color.

So I went to the layout/contemporary folder to change entries in my style.css

I went to where I spotted the forum plugin and changed any blue, green, purple entries to an off orange. I've checked several times to make sure I didn't miss anything. I went up and down the whole style.css just in case.

I keep overwriting my style.css. However, no success. Am I doing something wrong? Any tips/advice?

ironmax

Anonymous
Check to make sure you have deleted any cache files in your browser. That might be whats causing you to not see the changes. You may also want to use a program like pixie to get the exact color that you are looking for and try looking in the CSS file for that color code again. If you are still unable to affect the desired change, look at the source code of the page and look for the offending part that needs to be changed trace it down to where your supposed to change it at within the CSS file.

Michael

Lizard

Anonymous
Hi there,

Is there any way of changing the top part of the forum plugin to a different colour so that the subscribe and printable version links are clearer. I have searched through the themes CSS file, but I am unable to find the section for this part of the forum.

Lizard.

::Ben

Forum User
Hello,

Search for pluginBreadCrumbs class in the style.css
Text Formatted Code

.pluginBreadCrumbs A:link {
  color:#FFFFFF; //Change this to the color you need
  font-style:normal;
  font-weight:normal;
  text-decoration:none;
}

::Ben
I'm available to customise your themes or plugins for your Geeklog CMS

Lizard

Anonymous
Thank you so much Ben.
That looks much better.

Lizard.

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:00 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content