I believe December

even media gallery was installed later.

sunny

Anonymous
Is there any way i can hire a professional to repair the database? Thx

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
If most of the additional content is in Media Gallery, then you could do a "mix and match":

- export the current Media Gallery tables
- reinstall your old database backup
- run the upgrade
- put the exported Media Gallery tables back in

You should ask Mark for any input on this approach first, though, as there may be pitfalls here that I'm missing.

bye, Dirk

mevans

Forum User
Dirk is right on track with his suggestion.

The 2 key items you want to preserve for Media Gallery is to dump all the mg_* tables including drop/create table statements and all data using a tool like phpMyAdmin. Also, make sure you preserve the public_html/mediagallery/mediaobjects/* directories, these contain your media items and is closely linked to the database entries.

So, export your mg_* tables, save a backup of the mediaobjects/* directories and then try your Geeklog install / upgrade again. Install Media Gallery (by copying the files to your server), run the plugin installer, then import your dumps via phpMyAdmin (since we included drop/create statements in the export it will remove and recreate all the Media Gallery tables with the necessary data). Then restore your mediaobjects/* directories and you should be in business.

Let me know if you need any more help.

Thanks!
Mark

sunny

Anonymous
Thx Mark,

So shall i first backup Media gallery , then uninstall it and then upgrade Geeklog and then reinstall Mediagallery?

Shall we resolve the syndication issue after that?

i realised that i am registered as ankur_mmy on the forums. I will be using that ID next time.

ankur_mmy

Forum User
SUNNY Here:

I tried several things. The good news is the Syndication is fixed.

The bad news is I couldnt upgrade as mentioned.

--------------------------
I got the autotags error Dirk was expecting in media gallery. (thats after i reinstalled media gallery)

Tue 04 Mar 2008 02:58:46 IST - 1054: Unknown column 'allow_autotags' in 'field list'. SQL in question: REPLACE INTO gl_blocks (bid,name,title,help,type,blockorder,content,tid,rdfurl,rdfupdated,rdflimit,phpblockfn,onleft,owner_id,group_id,perm_owner,perm_group,perm_members,perm_anon,is_enabled,allow_autotags) VALUES (4,'polls_block','Poll','','phpblock','20','','all','','0000-00-00 00:00:00','0','phpblock_polls',1,2,1,3,3,2,2,1,0)

-----------------------------

I tried loading an older database version. The site went down with an AQL error. A database upgrade failed with an error 1060: duplicate..... (some entries)

------------------------------

So i loaded the current database again. Now i can shift the blocks up and down by editing the values in the database, but the admin panel on the site gives an SQL error whenever i try to edit a block. But the major concern of Syndication was resolved by creating a new group (in Groups Admin) which gave SpamX admin access to syndication edit and all the other fields ...

--------------------------------

I take this as a temporary solution. Atleast for the visitors the site is more or less error free. But my worries are far from over.

Can someone advise, if it would be a good idea to wait for Geeklog 1.4.2 and upgrade the database then? any more suggestion?

Thx

ankur_mmy

Forum User
any more advice?

jmucchiello

Forum User
Quote by: sunny

Thx Mark,

So shall i first backup Media gallery , then uninstall it and then upgrade Geeklog and then reinstall Mediagallery?

Um, I think "upgrade Geeklog" should be "install a fresh version of Geeklog" Then reinstall MG and then restore from your backup of MG.

Sunny

Anonymous
I just realised that i was using Geeklog version1.4.0sr5-1 before, and there was a different file we had to use to upgrade form that version ... probably thats where the original problems started ... i am about to try a few new things :

1. Switching back to an older version and then upgrading with the correct file

2. trying to import only the stories from the current database file

(Medial gallery will also be installed and restored.)

Lets hope for the best

Regards

Page navigation

All times are EDT. The time is now 02:39 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content