Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, April 23 2024 @ 11:26 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

500 Error

StarCad

Anonymous
Hi everyone. I've searched the forums for the last several days to no avail. I am trying to do a fresh install and keep getting this error when trying to access install.php

[2008-02-06 23:09:28]: error: directory is writable by others: (/home/********/public_html/geeklog2/public_html/admin/install)

I know this is a config error but for the life of me I can't seem to figure out what part of the config I'm not setting right. Any thought appreciated

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
"geeklog2"? Which Geeklog version are you trying to install there? This message does not come from Geeklog 1.x.

bye, Dirk

1000ideen

Forum User
That`s the latest version: http://www.geeklog.net/filemgmt/viewcat.php?cid=8 1.4.1 means rather version 4.1 Rolling Eyes

StarCad

Anonymous
Since I already have a version of geeklog up and running I followed the install instructions and just created a a different directory, hence geeklog2. I'm trying to install the latest version and copied the paths, etc. over to the new version changing UN PW and all to support the new version in the new directory. Apparently, something is amiss and I get a 500 error from the server. The excerpt above is from my error logs.

1000ideen

Forum User
Ha, I also just got an error 500 and that was because I had put too many files on 777 like the install.php. Support says it won`t run with 777 and reports an error 500!

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:26 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content