Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, March 29 2024 @ 08:02 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Firefox and badbehavior

Benta

Forum User
Regular Poster
I can't access groups.php with firefox (it is OK with IE) if I have badbehavior enabled. I just get a white empty page. No error messages at all, simply no data, not a single byte.

If I disable badbehavior, it is OK....

FF version 2.0.0.11 and badbehavior 2.011.

mevans

Forum User
Any clues in any of the log files? For example, check out Bad Behavior's log entries and see if you show up there. Also, your web server's error log may have some good info as well.

Just to be sure, I noticed you typed groups.php, it is actually group.php. I'm sure that was a typo, but just in case, make sure you are really trying group.php Smile

Thanks!
Mark

Benta

Forum User
Regular Poster
Quote by: mevans

Any clues in any of the log files? For example, check out Bad Behavior's log entries and see if you show up there. Also, your web server's error log may have some good info as well.

Hello Mark! No, nothing in the error.log or in the bb data table....
I don't have access to the web server error log, so I can't see it.

I have noticed that I get an empty page quite often with firefox on this web site, because I have its index.php as start page in FF. The page shows up if I hit refresh.

This probably has to do with the degradation of quality of the later FF versions (it isn't getting better, IMO), but it is odd that badbehavior doesn't log what it is doing.

It isn't a big deal either, because I can turn BB off when I add groups three times per year or so.......

Will try to replace some files and see what happens.

Just to be sure, I noticed you typed groups.php, it is actually group.php. I'm sure that was a typo, but just in case, make sure you are really trying group.php Smile

yup, typo.

scarecrow

Forum User
Junior
I can't remember now exactly what the issue was, but when I was having strange problems with FF and not IE it was caused by cookies and/or referer settings in FF.

Benta

Forum User
Regular Poster
Wow. It is clearly a little more complicated than I thought.
I also had the problem of the bad behavior block function only working sometimes (most of the times, it was not found and an error was displayed in the block).

Now I 777ed the functions.inc, and that problem went away. Soooooo....we're in Apache now or Debian somewhere. That is where I stop trying to understand things and just go with what seems to work. Big Grin

Benta

Forum User
Regular Poster
OK. I found a solution to the groups.php thing

I changed the file to require once the lib-user library in the beginning. I don't get that error anymore.

Text Formatted Code
require_once ('../lib-common.php');
require_once ('auth.inc.php');
require_once ($_CONF['path_system'] . 'lib-user.php');

What this has to do with firefox vs internet explorer and bad behavior?

I have nooo idea.......

I don't even know if group.php needs to call anything from lib-user - ever.

Benta

Forum User
Regular Poster
confused
Confused:
Here's the weirdest part:

The problem with the start page of the site not always loading also went away when I changed group.php (it was still there when I 777ed the functions.inc of badbehavior, that 777 only took away the i-can't-find-the-block-function error that sometimes appeared)

group.php isn't loaded when accessing the start page....
:shock: :shock: :shock:

So there's something with apache and firefox...

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:02 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content