Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Saturday, April 20 2024 @ 07:52 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Thinking of giving up due to login problem

timothychan

Forum User
Chatty
tired
For the past 2 weeks I've problem with login and this problem I am sure is not new (can see my username in who's online block but can't log-in) , as I've read all the forum on this subject and have also tried countless times all the suggestions listed in the "I can't login in" FAQ.

What can I do more?????? Cry

Appreciate help from all the gurus.

Thanks in advance.
"If you help enough people get what they want, you will get what you want.” - Zig Ziglar

beewee

Forum User
If you mean logging in on your own site: that must be quite frustating...

I tried to register on you site and that didn't work out either. There must be something wrong with your files, either in your themefiles or in the php files.

Dutch Geeklog sites about camping/hiking:
www.kampeerzaken.nl | www.campersite.nl | www.caravans.nl | www.caravans.net

timothychan

Forum User
Chatty
hi beewee,

yes thank you for pointing out the registration, have now resolved this at user.php and usersettings.php , registration of new user ok now.

however admin login and other account login still the problem.

by the way, this problem occurs after i upgraded from 1.4.0 to 1.4.1 thru cpanel fantastico panel.
anyway to resolve this old common problem?

"If you help enough people get what they want, you will get what you want.” - Zig Ziglar

jmucchiello

Forum User
Quote by: timothychan

by the way, this problem occurs after i upgraded from 1.4.0 to 1.4.1 thru cpanel fantastico panel.
anyway to resolve this old common problem?

Um, this might be the problem. We don't know anything about the fantastico install or upgrade process. They wrote it without consulting the GL devs. The recommendation here is that you not use fantastico to install/maintain Geeklog.

Is there anything in your error.log about the upgrade that might seem suspicious?

timothychan

Forum User
Chatty
didn't notice any error.... Confused: Confused: Confused:
IS THERE ANY WAY TO CREATE A NEW ROOT ADMIN USER ACCOUNT? :helpme:

timothychan

Forum User
Chatty
ok i've restored a backups of DB before the auto-upgrade by cpanel.
next i've successfully upgrade by installation of new geeklog 1.4.1 tar file

however this have not resolve the admin login problem.

any advise further?????? :helpme: :helpme: :helpme: :helpme:

1000ideen

Forum User
Mate, this is not an "old common problem", it has nothing to do with Geeklog at all. It is just so that time and time again users or their hosters manage doing things that log themselves out. That`s why there is an FAQ on it.

Have you changed files by yourself like user.php and usersettings.php ? Have you tried to run a normal unchanged Geeklog with your db?

timothychan

Forum User
Chatty
YES YOU'RE CORRECT IT'S NOT A GEEKLOG PROBLEM.

I tested by installing new geeklog in different directory and have the same admin login problem.

So far I didn't have same problem with geeklog on another domain and server.

Does anyone have any idea what I could do?

1000ideen

Forum User
Install it step by step anew e.g. in a subdomain. See what happens before it ceases work.

timothychan

Forum User
Chatty
Yes I've install geeklog 1.41 step by step in a sub-directory, the new geeklog works ok and somehow the main site that previously I've admin login problem now also seems ok . I wonder if the new install in sub-dir have any thing to do with it????

1000ideen

Forum User
Normally that is a completely separate installation unless you did something wrong. Another expalantion is that your hoster re-changed the changes he did before without your notice.

timothychan

Forum User
Chatty
OK it seems that the admin login problem is resolved now.... but I've absolutely no idea what really happened before and now.

Summary of what I did :

1.) upgraded to Geeklog 1.4.1 by cpanel, initially there's no problem but after 2 week or so I can't login as admin.

2.) Did all the stuff in can't login FAQ over and over again but to no avail.

3.) restore back to GL 1.4.0sr1 from backup , still admin login problem.

4.) restore DB backup file (before upgrad) , still same problem.

5.) Did a complete installation of GL 1.4.1 in new sub-directory , problem seems to be resolved.
No problem log-in as Admin in both main site and sub-directory

6.) Un-install new GL installation in new sub-directory (for testing purposes), log-in as Admin in main site no problem.

So I really do not know what have happened.

1000ideen, well maybe as you put it
Another expalantion is that your hoster re-changed the changes he did before without your notice.

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:52 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content