Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, April 16 2024 @ 09:20 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Copying my Geeklog site

richardbkk

Forum User
I need some guru help, Geeklog is making me crazy. The problem is that I have a Geeklog site, with a total missed up database. The administrator cannot do all the options, Pinging and RSS stuff also doesn't work, plus some more problems that I likely not even discovered.

Okay my big rescue plan was a followed, I copy the whole sub-domain, to a new folder on my server (001.domain.com to 002.domain.com did all the DNS stuff), then I deleted the 001 Geeklog and reinstalled a fresh new install in the 001 folder works fine (fantastico created a new database etc.)

In the 002 Geeklog I changed the path in config.php so it would match the new, the old database is still online and password etc is valid.

After I reinstalled the new Geeklog 001, with a complete other database name and config.php, if I open 002.domain.com I cannot see my articles everything is gone (in basic 002 still get redirected to 001 and start using the new database and not the database in config.php

Are there more URL's I have to change in config files?

What I want to do is create a copy of my current Geeklog website, delete the old one and copy by hand (copy and Paste) articles back.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Did you change the path to config.php in your lib-common.php?

bye, Dirk

richardbkk

Forum User
:doh: Nope I did not change 'lib-common.php', feel a bit stupid, tomorrow I will try it again.

:pray: Thanks so much I almost started to belief in evil spirits or ghosts..... LOL

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:20 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content