Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 02:18 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Administrator - Cannot log in, cannot reset password

Anon

Anonymous
I hope that someone can assist.

I have not made any changes to my GL installation (1.3.8 as need to use the phpLinks which hasn't been updated for the later editions and I don't have the knowledge to change it!), however, it will not let me log in - when I try, it brings up the user.php page to try to log in again - when I click on password reminder (not that it is wrong!) it just reloads and does not ask for an email to send the reminder. Does anyone know what the issue is likely to be (log file is not showing anything) and how I can log in as administrator to take control back of my site?

Many thanks

Anon

Anon

Anonymous
Sorry - that should read "I hope that someone can assist please" Oops! (it would help if I registered so that I could edit my entry!).

many thanks

Anon

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Start here: I can't log in.

And if that doesn't help: Manually creating a new Admin user

bye, Dirk

Anon

Anonymous
Quote by: Dirk

Start here: I can't log in.

And if that doesn't help: Manually creating a new Admin user

bye, Dirk

Thank you Dirk - I have worked my way through both of those but neither helps and I am still locked out. I cannot set up a new user as when I click on that it brings up the "Try logging in again" page (despite not having tried to log in - I was trying to be a new user!) - any ideas please?

Many thanks

Anon

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Resetting the password to "password" for your existing account (as explained in the wiki) did not work?

bye, Dirk

Anon

Anonymous
Dirk, I have found the cause and you were right, it was covered by the FAQ - sorry Oops!

In a recent upgrade for one of the plug ins (I forget which - possible phpbb, and I had forgotten I had done this change :doh: ) for one of my sites using GL, I had to set up a .htaccess file in the root folder to:

AddHandler application/x-httpd-php5 .php

This seems to have caused the problem as when I remove this, I can log in fine. I have moved the .htaccess file to the root of the particular site that needed it (which runs on an uptodate instance of GL) and that has solved it.

I am still running GL 1.3.8 on the particular site that I had the problem with as I have the phpLinks plug in that was usefully modified by Squatty for that particular version of Geeklog. Unfortunately he (and others) have stopped supporting it and as I have a 2000 entry + directory it is difficult to see how I can upgrade as the later versions of GL do not work the same (I asked about this months ago and was told that). Any suggestions gratefully received as clearly the security etc of the latest editions is much better.

Many thanks

Anon

All times are EDT. The time is now 02:18 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content