Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, March 19 2024 @ 12:02 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Who's Online? No one!

DubiousChrisJ

Forum User
Regular Poster
Totally weird...no matter how many people login, the status never reflects it. The Who's Online block shows x numberr of guests, and the info next to my avatar in the forum says offline, even right after I post in the forum.

Somehow, it's not getting the message in somewhere central which is affecting plugin recognition of user status as well.

Any ideas?
Luhme summa dat GL.

1000ideen

Forum User
You say there are people around you but you feel lonely?
It`s in the cookies! I tell ya it`s all in the cookies !

ironmax

Anonymous
Quote by: 1000ideen

You say there are people around you but you feel lonely? It`s in the cookies! I tell ya it`s all in the cookies !

Your kidding...RIGHT!!!!!

Have a look Logon works but...  Or  User Block not updating after login

DubiousChrisJ

Forum User
Regular Poster
Thanks for the assistance.

The issue is the same in both FireFox and IE, and on multiple PC's, so it's not related to my individual cookie setting. Additionally, the config shows the correct url:

http://dalpa.us/community/

Text Formatted Code
$_CONF['site_url']          = 'http://dalpa.us/community';

Any other suggestions?

If you care to, here is a test login:

usr: testguy
pwd: tester
Luhme summa dat GL.

ironmax

Anonymous
Quote by: DubiousChrisJ

Thanks for the assistance.

The issue is the same in both FireFox and IE, and on multiple PC's, so it's not related to my individual cookie setting. Additionally, the config shows the correct url:

http://dalpa.us/community/

Text Formatted Code
$_CONF['site_url']          = 'http://dalpa.us/community';

Any other suggestions?

If you care to, here is a test login:

usr: testguy
pwd: tester

Seems to be working fine for me. I logged in using Firefox and cruised around the site and also seen the testguy in the logged in area. I did not post or anything, as it looked like a professional site.

Michael

DubiousChrisJ

Forum User
Regular Poster
Confused:

Weird. I see myself logged in fine here, in the whos online box, and here in the forum, so I would think my browser settings are cool for GL. Any other suggestions on things I might check for myself?

I'm glad to hear it seems to work for others, though... Mr. Green

Thanks, Max.
Luhme summa dat GL.

DubiousChrisJ

Forum User
Regular Poster
OK, even weirder, when I login as testguy, it works. Logging in as the admin does not.
Luhme summa dat GL.

mevans

Forum User
Chris,

One of the features of Geeklog is that a user can hide the fact that they are online. Under My Account, Privacy tab, there is an option for Show Online Status:, if this is not checked, then the user will not show in the Who's Online block. Instead, they will show as a guest user.

You might want to check how your account is setup, that may explain why you don't normally show up in the Who's Online block.

Thanks!
Mark

DubiousChrisJ

Forum User
Regular Poster
God, figures it's something so simple. In my defense, though, this is a template bug. Apparently, ClearBlue doesn't display a 'Privacy' Tab in user options. I shortcutted it by editing 'showonline' in the user_pref table of the db. I see now all other users will default to 1, and with no option to change it, will stay that way.

Thanks Mark and Max.
Luhme summa dat GL.

ironmax

Anonymous

God, figures it's something so simple. In my defense, though, this is a template bug. Apparently, ClearBlue doesn't display a 'Privacy' Tab in user options. I shortcutted it by editing 'showonline' in the user_pref table of the db. I see now all other users will default to 1, and with no option to change it, will stay that way.

Thanks Mark and Max.

Interesting. I'll check that out and get a fix out for the archive

Michael

Edit
I just seen your problem and you will need to copy over from the professional theme the profiles and users and preferences directories to make that work. I think that'll do it. If not, let us know. Make sure you backup those directories first.

DubiousChrisJ

Forum User
Regular Poster
Ha! I didn't even know that one was yours. Mr. Green

When you make the fix, will you post the code change? I have made some fairly heavy modifications, and would rather just add your changes to my source then update the entire file set.
Luhme summa dat GL.

ironmax

Anonymous

Ha! I didn't even know that one was yours. Mr. Green

When you make the fix, will you post the code change? I have made some fairly heavy modifications, and would rather just add your changes to my source then update the entire file set.

Look at my last post.

DubiousChrisJ

Forum User
Regular Poster
Big Grin Thank you, sir, will do.
Luhme summa dat GL.

DubiousChrisJ

Forum User
Regular Poster
And we have a winner.

I noticed in a few things along the way (although I've lost track now) I had to bring files over from Professional. I didn't think to do so here.

Thanks, IronMax. Your tabbed setup on the horizontal menu, and the article layout on the front page are the reasons I chose your template to start from. I appreciate your efforts.
Luhme summa dat GL.

ironmax

Anonymous
Chris,

If you want, you can also copy over the navbar directory from the pro theme as well to get the java menu's in the theme.

DubiousChrisJ

Forum User
Regular Poster
I don't see any difference. What Java menus?
Luhme summa dat GL.

ironmax

Anonymous

I don't see any difference. What Java menus?

Opps...this definitely needs an update then...I'll post a new archive when done. Didn't realize it was this far out. Took a look at the demo version and yep...needs an update.

Edit

Okay, have a look at the demo version and tell me if you see the java menu's in My Account. Thats what I was referring to. All you needed was the Users, Profiles, preferences, and navbar directories copied over to make it work.

Michael

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:02 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content