Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Saturday, April 20 2024 @ 10:17 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

How do I edit index in Dreamweaver?

packagingpulse.com

Anonymous
happy
First, ignore my main index page at packagingpulse.com. I'll change that. What I need to know is how to find and edit the main index file for my geeklog site at www.packagingpulse.com/geeklog. I saved geeklog in my www folder with my host. Can anyone tell me how to access my geeklog to change logo, etc using wysiwyg?

Thanks!

jmucchiello

Forum User
You can't. Geeklog dynamically generates your webpage based on database settings and the template files in your theme. Dreamweaver has no idea how to deal with that.

ironmax

Anonymous
What is it that you want to do? Change to a new theme or create a new theme for your site? What you might want to do is look on www.geeklog.net to see what best comes closest to what you are looking for. Then download that theme pak. There you can open up the header.thtml file to make what ever changes you want to the theme's top section. The rest of the files in the root of that theme are also editable. Keep in mind that html editors are not always kind to these files and puts things in there that wreck the layout of the theme. Its best that you do your editing in a text editor. You will want to save often and check your work on how it looks in the browser. You may also want to use more than one browser to have a consistant look. You may also want to visit the Documentation listed on the left side under Getting Started.

Michael

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:17 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content