Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Saturday, April 20 2024 @ 03:51 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

smilies plugin available for testing

machinari

Forum User
Personally, I have no use for smilies or emoticons or whatever you want to call them, but last week I was bugged to do this so I did. I wrote a smilies plugin.
...and before I upload it 3 times in a single week cuz I missed this or that bug :doh: I would like a tester or two--preferably somebody that knows how to install a plugin. Shoot me an email and I'll send it off.

So this plugin offers you the ability to use your smilies in any site content that supports autotags. Easy as pie. You get a smiley manager, submission queue, and all that stuff. In addition to being able to put smilies into your articles, or whatever, because it works using autotags, you can put your smilies into php enabled staticpages or even your header.thtml by using, for example, PLG_replaceTags( "[smiley: rtfm]" ). I mentioned staticpages cuz I'm not sure if staticpages supports autotags or not--i didn't look.
You'll even be able to use your smilies in the forum. but of course the forum already has smilies.

Anyway, everything is good to go except the queue and the admin list. oh, and the online config form. All that's like, 30 minutes after lunch on thursday. I'm busy till then.

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:51 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content