Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 19 2024 @ 04:41 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

SQL error

Stolidus

Anonymous
embarrassed
After logging in...the index.php page serves up the follwing text message:

An SQL error has occurred. Please see error.log for details.

The error log reads:

10/02/07 09:51:44 - 1: Can't create/write to file 'C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\data\art\#sql_e54_0.MYI' (Errcode: 2). SQL in question: SELECT STRAIGHT_JOIN s.*, UNIX_TIMESTAMP(s.date) AS day, u.username, u.fullname, u.photo, t.topic, t.imageurl FROM gl_stories AS s, gl_users AS u, gl_topics AS t WHERE (s.uid = u.uid) AND (s.tid = t.tid) AND (date <= NOW()) AND (draft_flag = 0) AND frontpage = 1 ORDER BY featured DESC, date DESC LIMIT 0, 10

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

This only happens for the index.php page. After logging in I can still manually access any other parts of the sight just fine as a logged in member. ???

stolidus

Anonymous
Oh and by the way, I can not find a data/art directory at all. Does not exist. As far as I know it never did.

Thanks again.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
That's an issue with your MySQL install. Try repairing your database (phpMyAdmin has an option to do that).

bye, Dirk

Stolidus

Anonymous
thoughtful
Thanks for sending me to phpMyAdmin Dirk. It may not have helped with my problem which looks like a no brainer anyway...*but* I did find that my root was wide open with no password set. Sheesh...so yeah thanks for sending me over there.

I created an "art" directory and all works fine now.

I have no idea why this error popped up as it did, a mystery for now, but simply creating the directory seems to have worked as a fix.

No brainer or not, I still wonder what happened to cause the problem. Either the directory was deleted or some strange requirement...

Thanks again.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Okay, now that is odd. I assume your database is called "art"? If so, the missing "art" directory would hold the contents of that database. Simply creating the directory wouldn't bring it back ...

What does happen on occasion is that when MySQL crashes or is restarted, an index file (*.MYI) may get corrupted. So I assumed that's what had happened in your case.

bye, Dirk

stolidus

Anonymous
I just created a directory named "art" with my ftp client under the data directory where the error message mentioned the inability to write.

and voila no problem now. ??

No clue.

And MySQL never crashed and was not restarted, so...again no clue. Very strange though.

Thanks for the help Dirk.

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:41 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content