Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 19 2024 @ 05:31 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Cannot get themes to work in 1.4.1

jhayes

Anonymous
Hi, I just upgraded Geeklog on my site from 1.3.x to 1.4.1 and I can't get it to recognize any theme besides 'professional'. Themes were working for me just fine before I upgraded, so it's probably something I've missed. I do have $_CONF['theme'] in config.php set to the theme I was using before. I've also reinstalled the latest version of the theme that supposedly works with 1.4.1 just to be sure.

Thanks,

Jason

jhayes

Anonymous
Well, I might have pulled the trigger on this too soon. I ended up editing $usetheme to point at the theme I wanted in lib-common.php. I'm not quite sure if this is really safe or not, but it seems to work now.

- Jason

ironmax

Anonymous
Somewhere around line 216, in the config.php file, did you change anything from the default? As listed below.

Text Formatted Code

// you shouldn't need to edit the following
$_CONF['layout_url']        = $_CONF['site_url'] . '/layout/' . $_CONF['theme'];
$_CONF['path_themes']       = $_CONF['path_html'] . 'layout/';
$_CONF['path_layout']       = $_CONF['path_themes'] . $_CONF['theme'] . '/';

There has to be a simple explanation for why you cannot use any other theme. Does that theme directory in the layout directory have the correct permissions set? Recheck your other settings as well. You'd be surprised how often people over look something while staring right at the problem and not see it.

Michael

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by: jhayes

I can't get it to recognize any theme besides 'professional'.

Depends on what you mean by "recognize".

Also see the FAQ: How do I change the default theme?

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:31 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content