Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, April 24 2024 @ 04:00 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

mail not sending to all domains

celticskyhawk

Forum User
Junior
This is a strange one to me. Safe mode is not enabled in php.ini and I'm using the option 'mail' to mail users. SMTP wasn't an option due to our corporate structure and policies. I don't have sendmail set up on this box. What I've found is that the system will email just fine to one domain but not another. Currently, I know the majority of the users are on one domain, for security we'll call it @gklog1.com. I have no problem emailing users through the admin function or the individual user profiles this way. I also have users on @gklog2.com and when I email them, the email isn't going through. If the corporate junk filter is catching it, I may not be able to track that, but all email should come through the same filters for both domains.

Any ideas what could be happening here?

ironmax

Anonymous
You will most likely need to talk to your corporate admins to get this problem resolved. You said that your site is emailing on the main domain just fine. So that leads me to believe that your mail server is not setup correctly to address the other domain name issues you are having.

Michael

celticskyhawk

Forum User
Junior
Its turned out to be a two-fold issue. The email address I had set up to send to did not exist. Our IT people had not migrated this person to the new domain. There is still a problem however, since I used my address which I know is set up and working and it did not go through.

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:00 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content