Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Saturday, April 20 2024 @ 03:18 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Please Help! Site is hacked, and can't delete the files!

djsnake210

Forum User
freakingout
My website was hacked and i'm being threatened by godaddy to lose the domain name. It seems that a Bank of America phishing website is being hosted through my website. I know the folder, but the permissions on the folder are set so that I can't delete it. I can't change the permissions either. Is there any way for me to get rid of this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Hmm, if you can't change the permissions, then at least your hosting service should be able to do it.

bye, Dirk

jmucchiello

Forum User
Only godaddy support can help you delete a folder you lack access rights to. Just calmly explain to them that you know nothing about the hack and that you need them to help you remove it.

djsnake210

Forum User
well the bad part is that I don't have hosting through them... only the domain name. i'm trying to get hold of the hosting company now. thanks for the info.

DTrumbower

Forum User
If you don't have hosting with them, I don't think they can take your domain away. Registrars don't police the net like that.

djsnake210

Forum User
Well... the email states

"It has been brought to our attention that your domain name has been implicated in a phishing scheme. This action is a violation of Go Daddy's Universal Terms of Service and Domain Registration Agreement"

This really sucks... i backed up the sql database and all the files that were changed in the geeklog install... i'll probably just try to remove the install then reinstall

wish me luck... lol

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:18 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content