Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 19 2024 @ 02:28 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Changing webhosts

da_sniper

Forum User
Ok I have been helping a lady move her site to a new webhost, the last guy that was helping her with her site is not helping anymore and he was hosting the site on his own computer. So I’m moving the site to a good web host to get it out of his control. I have got a full backup of the site from his computer and I’m having some problems moving the site. I have been following the guide at http://www.geeklog.net/faqman/index.php?op=view&t=37 I have successfully installed geeklog v1.4.1 on the new webhost the domain is www.agapecommunity.org I then drop all the tables for the geeklog v1.4.1 database in phpmyadmin. After that I ran the sql file from the old host and when I go to the site I get
“Unfortunately, an error has occurred rendering this page. Please try again later.”

In the old sql file at the top it says the following down below. I have tried changing the database name to the new one but I still get error has occurred on the page. Are there any things I need to edit in the old sql file for this to work? Or after the tables are loaded do I need to edit any of them? If anybody could help me with this that would be great because I don’t want to rebuild her site she had a lot of content on it.

-- MySQL dump 10.10
--
-- Host: localhost Database: agape_geeklog
-- ------------------------------------------------------
-- Server version 5.0.22-Debian_0ubuntu6.06.2-log

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin

da_sniper

Forum User
Ok I have changed the config.php file to $_CONF['rootdebug'] = true;

There seems to be a problem with the media gallery plugin this is what is says below.

An error has occurred:
2 - main(/home/agapec5/plugins/mediagallery/functions.inc) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory @ /home/agapec5/public_html/lib-common.php line 6172

I don’t want to reinstall the plugins so I think I’m going to skip installing the new geeklog v1.4.1 and just restore the old site on the new web host. What files and mysql tables do I need to edit do I just change the paths and mysql database info in the config.php file and lib-common.php?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Sounds like you simply forgot to upload the files for Media Gallery ...

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 02:28 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content