Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, April 24 2024 @ 12:59 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Database Foolishness!!!

DannyO

Anonymous
stressed
Ok... So in an effort to upgrade geeklog I from 1.3.3 I set up a new vhost and installed 1.4.1 on it... Dumped the old mysql db and restored it to a new db.. ran the database update and I get the standard success!! message... but.... when I try to bring the site up I get jack... ..."sorry but there was an error trying to display this page"

so then i wonder if its my install... so i create a brand new db and update it, again getting success!!... and the site works fine... so I go back and redump the dp, and restore it again, and of course update it again, getting success!!... and its back to not working...

The old db is intact and working fine before the update.. I can tell because the original site is still up running on top of it with no problems.

Pulling my hair out!!! Help!!! lol

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin

DannyO

Anonymous
confused
Thats all fine and good if you forgot to edit lib common.. but the site clearly works with a new db and unless im mistaken that wouldn't be the case if I hadn't edited it. when I restore the old db I even removed and restored it in place of the one that was just working(same name/permissions/the whole bit)... so that no editing of any files should be required in between... ...please tell me if I'm missing something else here...

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
You may want to read the FAQ article again carefully ...

Forgetting to edit lib-common.php is only one possible cause. In general, the message means that you have an error somewhere on your site. In order not to give away too much information to possible attackers, we're only displaying this general message. The FAQ article also explains how to get a more meaningful error message.

bye, Dirk

DannyO

Anonymous
curious
I read the article and I will be seeing what type of error code I can get out of it.. but I just don't see what the prob could be... I have a geeklog 1.3.3 up and running on its old db perfectly... on a different vhost I got 1.4.1.... both are working perfectly... you'd think that if I dumped the 1.3.3 db and upgraded it getting success... and restored it to my 1.4.1 that I also know is working... that it wouldn't be total failure.....lol

thanx for the quick response

DannyO

Anonymous
blank
So with the verbose error msgs turned on...

2 - main(/usr/local/www/geeklog-1.4.1/plugins/filemgmt/functions.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory @ /usr/local/www/geeklog-1.4.1/public_html/lib-common.php line 6172

so....

6172 require_once( $_CONF['path'] . 'plugins/' . $pi_name . '/functions.inc' );

well... lib-common.php is configed just fine... only ever changed the one line anways...

anyone have any ideas here?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Geeklog is looking for the File Management plugin but you seem to have removed it.

So either add the files for that plugin again or disable the plugin in the database.

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:59 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content