Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Monday, April 22 2024 @ 10:38 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Can't find forum 2.3.2 so I can upgrade

ltcolumbo

Forum User
Regular Poster
I can't upgrade to 2.6 final because I'm still using Forum 2.3. Is there a way I find Forum 2.3.2 so I can upgrade my forum to be able to upgrade to the 2.6 release?

Blaine

Forum User
Version 2.3.2 was released nearly 3 years ago but there were no SQL changes. Having said that, I have not tested upgrading 2.3 to 2.6 but it should work fine. I would just ensure you have a good database backup and site backup in case you run into any issues.
Geeklog components by PortalParts -- www.portalparts.com

ltcolumbo

Forum User
Regular Poster
Quote by: Blaine

Version 2.3.2 was released nearly 3 years ago but there were no SQL changes. Having said that, I have not tested upgrading 2.3 to 2.6 but it should work fine. I would just ensure you have a good database backup and site backup in case you run into any issues.

Yes, I tried... I got nothing but a white screen after clicking the "upgrade" button. I always backup my database Smile That is the reason I am asking here for 2.3.2.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
You could try figuring out what went wrong. It may be something that doesn't have anything to do with the forum update.

bye, Dirk

ltcolumbo

Forum User
Regular Poster
Quote by: Dirk

You could try figuring out what went wrong. It may be something that doesn't have anything to do with the forum update.

bye, Dirk

That was my last recourse, I posted here in hopes to find an easy solution before messing with php.ini Razz

ltcolumbo

Forum User
Regular Poster
This is the error I get after updating mysql with the new forum:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function ppGetUserBlocks() in /home/radangel/plugins/forum/config.php on line 112

Line 112: $CONF_FORUM['leftblocks'] = ppGetUserBlocks($CONF_FORUM['leftblocks']);

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Sounds like you forgot to copy over (or update) the lib-portalparts.php that comes with the Forum plugin. See the Forum's installation instructions.

bye, Dirk

ltcolumbo

Forum User
Regular Poster
Quote by: Dirk

Sounds like you forgot to copy over (or update) the lib-portalparts.php that comes with the Forum plugin. See the Forum's installation instructions.

bye, Dirk

Hmmm I did read the readme.html, I must have missed it. I was wondering if I should copy over that file or add the code from that file in the system directory. I only noticed the 3 other directories to update. It doesn't mention to do that in the "UPGRADE" section, only in the initial installation.

Thanks for the help, also... I have no idea where this is:

* Pre 1.4.1 themes will also need to add missing navbar images. Add
the images found in archives themefiles/navbar/images folder to
the same folder under your site's theme.

I've done a find and nothing has come up... is it an additional file to download?

Blaine

Forum User
If your using GL 1.4.1 then the professional theme already has the navbar theme directory.
Geeklog components by PortalParts -- www.portalparts.com

ltcolumbo

Forum User
Regular Poster
Ok, I downloaded a fresh 1.4.1 theme and updated the files from the forum archive and it formats the text over the avatar images Frown check it out here:

http://radiationangel.org/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=37

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:38 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content