Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, March 29 2024 @ 05:12 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Alt tag in title

ronsteenvoorden

Forum User
Does anyone know how to modify storytext.thtml from the professional theme to show the title of a story when I move the cursor over the storytitle? I had it working in 1.4.0 but noticed that the storytext.thtml template differs quite a lot from the one I use = 1.4.1.

thanks for your response Big Grin
Ron
blog.islayinfo.com

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
I suspect if you dig out your old code and stick it between the H1 tags, it'll still work.

But I'm curious: What is this supposed to accomplish? Since the story's title is already full visible at all times, I fail to see the need for an alt attribute.

bye, Dirk

ronsteenvoorden

Forum User
Quote by: Dirk

But I'm curious: What is this supposed to accomplish? Since the story's title is already full visible at all times, I fail to see the need for an alt attribute.

bye, Dirk

Hi Dirk, I read a while ago in this same forum that using an alt-tag on your title was supposed to improve search engine indexing and visiblity, that's the reason I implemented it in the earlier version. If it really makes a difference I don't know but every little bit helps I guess Smile

And by the way, the code from the older version works fine, thanks for that.
blog.islayinfo.com

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Putting the story title between H1 tags and making it a link (as the Professional theme does by default) should be more than enough to help with search engines.

The alt attribute is, as the name implies, meant to provide an alternative representation / content, e.g. for images. So it doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to apply one here ...

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:12 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content