Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, April 24 2024 @ 11:37 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Featured Articles

Anthony H

Anonymous
Well, I've been lurking the forums for about two months now, as I am running Geeklog 1.4.1 & Ubuntu Linux Server.

I have a few questions.

1. Is it possible for me to increase the number of featured articles on the front page?

2. Is it possible for me to enable new user registration without having to have a confirmation email for activation? I'm basically new to Linux administration and my sendmail isn't working properly, but I want people to be able to register asap.

Thank you in advance!
Anthony

jmucchiello

Forum User
1. No, sorry. You can have different features stories in different topics. But only one stories is the featured story.

2. It's probably possible with the custom registration API, but I don't know. Geeklog really isn't wired to let the use choose a password on login.

Additionally, if you are new to Linux admin, you probably shouldn't put such a machine on the Internet. Poorly administered Linux boxes can be hacked easily. You should make fixing your mail server your first priority over installing a weblog. If this is a private application on a Intranet (not external access), you could use the user admin tools to create new accounts and assign passwords.

Anthony

Anonymous
Thank you for the response, and I will be working hard on securing my server. I am also going to have a more experienced linux admin look it over to find any holes.

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:37 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content