Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 01:01 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Database access denied

jordydme

Forum User
Hi,

I have the is problem that seems ot occur every month at some point. I get this error:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: User XXX_XXXX has already more than 'max_user_connections' active connections in /home/XXX/geeklog_data/system/databases/mysql.class.php on line 112
Cannnot connect to DB server

I contacted the host and this is what they said below:

I restarted mysql for you. There is something in your installation that isn't closing mysql connections. There were 10 open mysql connections that should have been closed. Thanks.

Does anyone have an idea where to start troubleshooting this?

J

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by: jordydme

There is something in your installation that isn't closing mysql connections. There were 10 open mysql connections that should have been closed.

Strictly speaking, this is correct - Geeklog doesn't close the connection to the database. However, it doesn't have to do that, as the connection will be closed automatically when the script has been executed. See, for example, the PHP manual, under 'Notes'.

I'd say it's a setup issue at your host's end.

bye, Dirk

P.S. Any reason why you posted this 3 times?

jordydme

Forum User
Dirk,

Thanks, I will forward this to my hosting provider. As for posting 3 times, if you are referring to this post, I knowingly posted once but as i remeber the system got hung up in the process of submitting the post. I may have clicked the submit button a couple of tiems after stopping the progress and refreshing the page. Sorry about that.

J

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:01 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content