redgrape

Forum User
I am researching different CMS. I am torn between Geeklog and Drupal. I haven't installed Geeklog on a server yet. I have a couple questions about features.

About Email and Private Messages - Is it possible to turn off the email and private message features for members in Geeklog? I would like the email form to be used by members for contacting administrators only. The private messages may be turned off entirely.

I do like the the fact that Geeklog has a feature that allows administrators to mass email all site members. Drupal doesn't have the mass email feature built in.

Posting images - Is it possible to disable the posting of images/files by members in Geeklog? I would prefer that only administrators post pictures or files on my website.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
The private messaging you see here on geeklog.net is actually a plugin that is not part of the standard Geeklog install.

Posting of images is only allowed for users of the Story Admin group - normal users can't post images at all.

If you haven't done so, check out our demo site - currently located at demo.spacequad.com, due to DNS problems (it would be demo.geeklog.net normally). This has only the standard Geeklog install plus the Forum plugin.

bye, Dirk