Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 08:00 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Rating Plugin 2.2Beta - Bugs & Feedback

Laugh

Site Admin
Admin
Post any feedback or problems here on the rating plugin version 2.2Beta.

One of the Geeklog Core Developers.

Reverend Zed

Forum User
Thank you for the update.

allow/disallow rate own story works quite nicely, thank you.
But weirdness persists with deleting ratings attached to stories that no longer exist. Still cannot edit or delete these, even with the owner reset to the admin (and I'm logged in as the admin, so I should be able to do this). Again, I set default permissions arrays to 3,3,2,2 but this doesn't seem to make a difference. If it works properly for you, I may simply have some weirdness going on with my particular install. Although the update went through smoothly as expected, I think I'll remove the plugin altogether and reinstall it from scratch to make sure I didn't bork something somewhere when I wasn't looking. I'll play with it over the next few days and provide my usual detailed report. Again, thank you for all your hard work.

Laugh

Site Admin
Admin
Are you referring to deleting a user's actual rating or the rating totals record (and therefore everyone's rating associated with it).

It makes no difference to the plugin between deleting a rating that is attached to an existing story, user, etc.. or one that doesn't exist anymore, so I am not sure why something is happening here (it seems to be working fine on my end). I'll try a little bit of testing and wait to see what happens with your reinstall

Also the default permissions only apply to any new records created . Changing the defaults doesn't affect any current ratings in the system (unless you change them before this versions upgrade, then the changes are applied to all records)

One thing I would like to mention (I was going to add this to the readme but forgot) is that if the owner has read and edit permissions on his own review he can only read and edit his review (which usually means a resubmit and approval by admin (unless the user has moderation privileges)). Deleting of the review can only be performed by someone who has edit access to the ratings totals.

Laugh

Site Admin
Admin
Have you had a chance to reinstall it yet? I did a quick check and didn't see anything wrong.

Quote by: Reverend+Zed

Thank you for the update.

allow/disallow rate own story works quite nicely, thank you.
But weirdness persists with deleting ratings attached to stories that no longer exist. Still cannot edit or delete these, even with the owner reset to the admin (and I'm logged in as the admin, so I should be able to do this). Again, I set default permissions arrays to 3,3,2,2 but this doesn't seem to make a difference. If it works properly for you, I may simply have some weirdness going on with my particular install. Although the update went through smoothly as expected, I think I'll remove the plugin altogether and reinstall it from scratch to make sure I didn't bork something somewhere when I wasn't looking. I'll play with it over the next few days and provide my usual detailed report. Again, thank you for all your hard work.

Reverend Zed

Forum User
Sorry, been too busy lately to dig much deeper, have barely touched my site at all over the last few days. Seems I'm buried in a stack of commitments, but I'll definitely give you more info. I did do a quick reinstall, but that didn't seem to change much. Next step is to thoroughly remove the plugin and modified files then reinstall again. But I have one other project I absolutely must complete first before I can do that. Thank you

root

Forum User
I got the ratings system partly functioning. It works for the stories but not for the comments. I have the {rating} tag in there but no use - it passes right through it. At times prints "{rating}" under the comment.

But for the stories, it works just fine.

What do you think am i missing?

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:00 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content