Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 02:15 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Mac Installation Assistance

MSA

Anonymous
As a prelude, I'm a total novice at GL, PHP, MySQL, web development, etc.

I am, however, interested in putting up a site using GL, and am trying to develop as much as a feel for it as possible, understanding that I'm going to hire some help to get the site built and lanched. My ultimate goal (as described in a post that I'm going to put up shortly in another forum), is to take on as much of the adminstration and maintenance work as I can, over time, understanding that I'm starting from a dead stop right now.

Towards this end, I was hoping to get GL up on my Intel Mac so that I could learn as much as I can on my own. I have used MAMP to get PHP, phpMyadmin, and MySQL working (very helpful), and am now trying to understand the installation instructions (particularly as it pertains to paths) for GL. Can someone give me some more explicit ("dumbed down", if you will) instructions on getting GL installed, and set up, on my Mac so that I'll be able to at least poke around a bit, begin to get some feel, etc. For now, I'm looking to configure my Mac as the server, but will definitely outsource hosting when I finally launch.

Thanks.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
On a Mac, /Library/WebServer/Documents is the equivalent of Geeklog's public_html directory. So everything in public_html would go into that directory, and everything else would go in /Library/WebServer. From there, it's just a standard install.

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 02:15 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content