Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 18 2024 @ 11:32 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Integrate GL with Google Apps for Domains ?

knuff

Forum User
Hi,

I recently start to use Google Apps www.google.com/a for email, calendar and document handling on two of my GL sites.

From what I understand from the documentation it should be possible to go the integrated road using the Google API http://code.google.com/apis/apps/. Looking at the main page and the Google Summer Code there must already be someone that has given this a try.

It would be so great that if you can use GL for all the content management, and use Google for the heavy Apps stuff like mail handling and sharing calendars and Talk within ones community.

I tried to search here, but couldn´t find any article / topic pointing in an integrated direction.

What am I really looking for ?

- Any GL user can be added to the Google Group and this would create his Google User ID (not everyone, automatic, since the API is only available in the premium version and has a cost of 50 euro / year / user.

- GL handles the authentication of SSO into the Google

What can I return in favor of this request ?

- A GL Template, so GL looks and feels more like the Google Apps look and feel, which is much less flexible as the themes we have here (currently working on one for myself).

Anyone a good pointer ?

Best Regards,
Boris
Vanrillaer.com - our Family Portal

ScurvyDawg

Forum User
I too have Google apps and email services for a website. I love the email interface, I have had it a long time as a beta tester before release to the general public.

If there was some sort of GL integration I would be thrilled to bits. Great idea I hope someone picks it up for the summer of code possibly. This would be a great candidate for the summer of code program.

hehe

:banana:

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:32 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content