Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, April 24 2024 @ 10:18 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

mediagallery issue

Cobro

Forum User
Chatty
confused
short version.... if i log in as admin and use xppubwiz.reg and upload then i can but if i log in as user and use xppubwiz.reg then i cant see the albums ??? i only can create album but not upload to album becouse i cant see any albums anyone know the fix to this ??? sorry im still learning

mevans

Forum User
Sounds to me like a permission issue..

Make sure non-admin users have permissions to upload to the album. Do this by going into the album, choosing Edit Album from the admin dropdown and near the bottom you will see the permissions. If the user does not have Write permissions, they can't upload.

Is there anything special about the user you are logging in as that is having the problem, or is it just a standard user account? If it is just a standard user, then you must either enable 'Allow Logged In User to Upload' in the album editor, or set the Loggin-In-Users permissions to R/W.

Hope this helps
Thanks!
Mark

Cobro

Forum User
Chatty
sorry it is all as you sad it should be and not working could i have set it up wrong that should be the problem ?? dose it work on your site to use xppubwiz.reg as a standart user ?

but i whant to say This plugin ROCKS !! thx for this plugin it works great but this issue is i failiure of mine but i dont know were it is failing so if anyone have mediagallery and whants to tell me if they are facing the same problem then post it here

mevans

Forum User
Here is another way to look at it:

If the standard user can upload through the browser, meaning they can add media to your albums using the regular Media Gallery upload interface, then they should be able to use the XP Publishing Wizard.

If they can't upload when on your site, they can't upload using the XP Publishing Wizard either.

Try this, edit one of your albums and near the bottom check the box that says:

Allow registered users to upload media to this album:

Then any logged in user should be able to add to your album.

Thanks!
Mark

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:18 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content