celticskyhawk

Forum User
Junior
I'm finding that my search capability isn't working quite right. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding how it works. From the main index page, if I search for a phrase, (ie 'metric decimal quantity'Wink it will show up results. If I mix that up to say, 'decimal metric quantity' then I get nothing. If I go to the advanced search page I can change it from exact phrase (which seems to be the default on the main page, no biggie) to 'all words' or 'any words' I get no search results. It only finds results from the exact phrase.

I had upgraded a while back and thought maybe something didn't copy over so I copied the new search.php to the public html area and also copied a new search.class.php. There was no change in results. For some reason, I can search an exact phrase fine, but if I have a group of words to search I am not getting results.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Where is that phrase located? In a story, a comment, a forum post, ...? It's possible that not all plugins implement the search in the same way.

bye, Dirk

celticskyhawk

Forum User
Junior
It's in a forum post. And you're correct, I tried a different search term that I knew was in a static page and it picked it up fine after scrambling the word order and searching for any and all terms. So now I guess I need to figure out how the search is handling forum posts?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by: celticskyhawk

So now I guess I need to figure out how the search is handling forum posts?

More like the other way around ... I'd suggest you bring that to Blaine's attention.

bye, Dirk