Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Saturday, April 20 2024 @ 10:12 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

SQL problem

Jerry

Anonymous
grumpy
Hi,

I have this message when I try to open my blog.
"An SQL error has occured. Please see error.log for details."

Am I obligated to re install everything?

best regards

Jerry

jerry

Anonymous
This is what I see in my logs

*** dummy entry ***
Sat Mar 3 14:05:03 2007 - Sorry, no valid features were passed to this core group (13) and saving could cause problem...bailing.
Sat Mar 3 14:06:09 2007 - 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Wink' at line 1. SQL in question: SELECT DISTINCT ft_name FROM access,features WHERE ft_id = acc_ft_id AND acc_grp_id IN ()
Sat Mar 3 14:06:39 2007 - 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Wink' at line 1. SQL in question: SELECT DISTINCT ft_name FROM access,features WHERE ft_id = acc_ft_id AND acc_grp_id IN ()
Sat Mar 3 14:06:53 2007 - 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Wink' at line 1. SQL in question: SELECT DISTINCT ft_name FROM access,features WHERE ft_id = acc_ft_id AND acc_grp_id IN ()
Sat Mar 3 14:07:06 2007 - 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Wink' at line 1. SQL in question: SELECT DISTINCT ft_name FROM access,features WHERE ft_id = acc_ft_id AND acc_grp_id IN ()
Sat Mar 3 14:07:26 2007 - 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Wink' at line 1. SQL in question: SELECT DISTINCT ft_name FROM access,features WHERE ft_id = acc_ft_id AND acc_grp_id IN ()
Sat Mar 3 14:07:34 2007 - 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Wink' at line 1. SQL in question: SELECT DISTINCT ft_name FROM access,features WHERE ft_id = acc_ft_id AND acc_grp_id IN ()
Sat Mar 3 14:07:35 2007 - 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Wink' at line 1. SQL in question: SELECT DISTINCT ft_name FROM access,features WHERE ft_id = acc_ft_id AND acc_grp_id IN ()
Sat Mar 3 14:07:40 2007 - 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Wink' at line 1. SQL in question: SELECT DISTINCT ft_name FROM access,features WHERE ft_id = acc_ft_id AND acc_grp_id IN ()
Sat Mar 3 14:07:48 2007 - 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Wink' at line 1. SQL in question: SELECT DISTINCT ft_name FROM access,features WHERE ft_id = acc_ft_id AND acc_grp_id IN ()
Sat Mar 3 14:08:02 2007 - 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Wink' at line 1. SQL in question: SELECT DISTINCT ft_name FROM access,features WHERE ft_id = acc_ft_id AND acc_grp_id IN ()
Sat Mar 3 14:08:05 2007 - 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Wink' at line 1. SQL in question: SELECT DISTINCT ft_name FROM access,features WHERE ft_id = acc_ft_id AND acc_grp_id IN ()
Sat Mar 3 14:08:07 2007 - 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Wink' at line 1. SQL in question: SELECT DISTINCT ft_name FROM access,features WHERE ft_id = acc_ft_id AND acc_grp_id IN ()
Sat Mar 3 14:08:14 2007 - 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Wink' at line 1. SQL in question: SELECT DISTINCT ft_name FROM access,features WHERE ft_id = acc_ft_id AND acc_grp_id IN ()
Sat Mar 3 14:08:27 2007 - 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Wink' at line 1. SQL in question: SELECT DISTINCT ft_name FROM access,features WHERE ft_id = acc_ft_id AND acc_grp_id IN ()
Sat Mar 3 14:08:54 2007 - 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Wink' at line 1. SQL in question: SELECT DISTINCT ft_name FROM access,features WHERE ft_id = acc_ft_id AND acc_grp_id IN ()
Sat Mar 3 14:10:54 2007 - 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Wink' at line 1. SQL in question: SELECT DISTINCT ft_name FROM access,features WHERE ft_id = acc_ft_id AND acc_grp_id IN ()
Sat Mar 3 14:11:04 2007 - 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Wink' at line 1. SQL in question: SELECT DISTINCT ft_name FROM access,features WHERE ft_id = acc_ft_id AND acc_grp_id IN ()

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by: jerry

Sat Mar 3 14:11:04 2007 - 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Wink' at line 1. SQL in question: SELECT DISTINCT ft_name FROM access,features WHERE ft_id = acc_ft_id AND acc_grp_id IN ()

The user you are trying to log in as is not a member of any groups. I wish I knew why that is happening for some people ...

Which Geeklog version are you using?

If you have another user with User Admin permissions, you can try logging in as that user and fix the other user. Every user in Geeklog has to be in at least the "Logged-in Users" and "All Users" groups.

If you don't have another Admin account that you can use, follow these instructions on how to create a new one.

Note: You will probably have to delete the cookies for your site before you attempt any of the above measures. Or use another browser (one you've never used to log into your site before).

bye, Dirk

v3rnon

Anonymous
I'm also receiving the same error. However, I am receiving this error only when attempting to read the most recent story I created. Below is a c&p of what was in the log. The only difference between this entry and others is that I was using a static page. My site is www.v3rnon.com and I'm running GL 1.3.11sr1. Thanks in advance for any help!

Sat Mar 3 16:12:25 2007 - 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE sp_id = '1'' at line 1. SQL in question: SELECT sp_title FROM WHERE sp_id = '1'
Sat Mar 3 16:13:00 2007 - 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE sp_id = '1'' at line 1. SQL in question: SELECT sp_title FROM WHERE sp_id = '1'
Sat Mar 3 16:13:12 2007 - 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE sp_id = '1'' at line 1. SQL in question: SELECT sp_title FROM WHERE sp_id = '1'
Sat Mar 3 16:13:22 2007 - 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE sp_id = '1'' at line 1. SQL in question: SELECT sp_title FROM WHERE sp_id = '1'
Sat Mar 3 16:13:31 2007 - 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE sp_id = '1'' at line 1. SQL in question: SELECT sp_title FROM WHERE sp_id = '1'
Sat Mar 3 16:13:55 2007 - 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE sp_id = '1'' at line 1. SQL in question: SELECT sp_title FROM WHERE sp_id = '1'
Sat Mar 3 16:14:00 2007 - 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE sp_id = '1'' at line 1. SQL in question: SELECT sp_title FROM WHERE sp_id = '1'
Sat Mar 3 16:14:37 2007 - 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE sp_id = '1'' at line 1. SQL in question: SELECT sp_title FROM WHERE sp_id = '1'
Sat Mar 3 16:14:48 2007 - 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE sp_id = '1'' at line 1. SQL in question: SELECT sp_title FROM WHERE sp_id = '1'
Sat Mar 3 16:15:19 2007 - 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE sp_id = '1'' at line 1. SQL in question: SELECT sp_title FROM WHERE sp_id = '1'
Sat Mar 3 16:16:00 2007 - 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE sp_id = '1'' at line 1. SQL in question: SELECT sp_title FROM WHERE sp_id = '1'
Sat Mar 3 16:16:03 2007 - 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE sp_id = '1'' at line 1. SQL in question: SELECT sp_title FROM WHERE sp_id = '1'
Sat Mar 3 16:17:50 2007 - 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE sp_id = '1'' at line 1. SQL in question: SELECT sp_title FROM WHERE sp_id = '1'
Sat Mar 3 16:18:15 2007 - 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE sp_id = '1'' at line 1. SQL in question: SELECT sp_title FROM WHERE sp_id = '1'
Sat Mar 3 16:18:29 2007 - 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE sp_id = '1'' at line 1. SQL in question: SELECT sp_title FROM WHERE sp_id = '1'
Sun Mar 4 13:58:25 2007 - 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE sp_id = '1'' at line 1. SQL in question: SELECT sp_title FROM WHERE sp_id = '1'

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by: v3rnon

I'm also receiving the same error.

Erm, no, you don't. It's a completely different error having to do with static pages.

Not sure, though, why the article page would cause a problem in the static pages plugin. The only explanation I have is this:

Quote by: v3rnon

I'm running GL 1.3.11sr1.

There was a bug in 1.3.11 that caused SQL errors when you were using the staticpage: autotag. Is that the "1 word" in the article's body text?

If so, that errror was fixed in 1.3.11sr2.

Besides, you should really update your site. There are quite a few serious security issues in the version you're running. The last version in the 1.3.11 series was 1.3.11sr7-1 and upgrading to at least that version should be straightforward. Use the "combo" update from the downloads section. ASAP.

bye, Dirk

Richard Pitt

Anonymous
Just updating a site from 1.4.0sr5-1 to 1.4.1 and after doing the database update I get "An SQL error has occurred. Please see error.log for details." with the log entry being as follows:

Sat 24 Mar 2007 21:01:59 EDT - 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Wink)) AND (date <= NOW()) AND (draft_flag = 0) AND (tid <> 'archive'Wink' at line 1. SQL in question: SELECT COUNT(*) AS count FROM gl_stories WHERE (date >= (date_sub(NOW(), INTERVAL SECOND))) AND (date <= NOW()) AND (draft_flag = 0) AND (tid <> 'archive'Wink

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:12 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content