Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, March 29 2024 @ 05:35 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Forum Centerblock Theme

Chris

Anonymous
My forum centerblock does not look correct. It doesn't have the same "professional" theme look of the forum on this site, geeklog.net. Also the columns don't look as neat....

You can look at my mainpage at http://parents11211.net

Thanks

Chris

Anonymous
I meant http://parents11211.com

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
I'd say you forgot to add the forum's CSS to your theme's stylesheet. See the forum's installation instructions.

bye, Dirk

Chris

Anonymous
Dirk,

I checked that before I posted.

There is a forum.css file in /public-html/layout/professional

There is a forum directory at the same level that has the following directories:
image_set
javascript
layout
and a Thumbs.db file

If this looks correct is there anything else I can check out.

Thanks,
Chris

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
You are supposed to add the contents of the forum.css to your own style.css.

bye, Dirk

chris

Anonymous
Could you tell me were to insert it or direct me to some documentation that can guide me.

Thanks.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
:rtfm: It's right there in the forum plugin's installation instructions:
Step 7 - Update your themes css - style.css file

* The forum is using the plugin CSS that is distributed with the GL 1.4.1 professional theme. If you are running a GL 1.4.1 site and using the stock professional theme or a 1.4.1 certified theme, you will only need to add a few new CSS styles declarations for the codeblock and quote formatting feature.

* If you have a GL 1.4 site or using a beta release of GL 1.4.1, then update style.css file using the pre1.4.1_forum.css file in the archive under the themefiles folder. Backup your current style.css file for reference and for many sites, they can just replace all the plugin like CSS declarations. They should all be grouped together in your style.css file.
* Pre 1.4.1 themes will also need to add missing navbar images. Add the images found in archives themefiles/navbar/images folder to the same folder under your site's theme.
Add the CSS declarations from the forum.css file in the archive under the themefiles folder.

* If you have a GL 1.4.1 final site, then you will only need to add the few additional CSS styles for the codeblock and quote formatting.
Add the CSS declarations from the forum.css file in the archive under the themefiles folder.

chris

Anonymous
That worked well, only now my forum admin screen does not draw properly. Any clues?

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:35 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content