Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 03:18 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

errors

freeman

Anonymous
My second install of Geeklog is stumped.

The page error reads:

"Unfortunately, an error has occurred rendering this page. Please try again later."

My error log reads:

***dummy entry***
Sat Feb 3 16:13:32 2007 - num plugin menu items in header = 3
Sat Feb 3 16:13:32 2007 - _BLOCK_TEMPLATE[section_block] = blockheader-left.thtml,blockfooter-left.thtml
Sat Feb 3 16:13:32 2007 - Block template for the header of section_block is: blockheader-left.thtml
Sat Feb 3 16:13:32 2007 - _BLOCK_TEMPLATE[section_block] = blockheader-left.thtml,blockfooter-left.thtml
Sat Feb 3 16:13:32 2007 - Block template for the footer of section_block is: blockfooter-left.thtml
Sat Feb 3 16:13:32 2007 - _BLOCK_TEMPLATE[admin_block] = blockheader-left.thtml,blockfooter-left.thtml
Sat Feb 3 16:13:32 2007 - Block template for the header of admin_block is: blockheader-left.thtml
Sat Feb 3 16:13:32 2007 - _BLOCK_TEMPLATE[admin_block] = blockheader-left.thtml,blockfooter-left.thtml
Sat Feb 3 16:13:32 2007 - Block template for the footer of admin_block is: blockfooter-left.thtml
Sat Feb 3 16:13:32 2007 - _BLOCK_TEMPLATE[user_block] = blockheader-left.thtml,blockfooter-left.thtml
Sat Feb 3 16:13:32 2007 - Block template for the header of user_block is: blockheader-left.thtml
Sat Feb 3 16:13:32 2007 - _BLOCK_TEMPLATE[user_block] = blockheader-left.thtml,blockfooter-left.thtml
Sat Feb 3 16:13:32 2007 - Block template for the footer of user_block is: blockfooter-left.thtml
Sat Feb 3 16:13:32 2007 - _BLOCK_TEMPLATE[events_block] = blockheader-left.thtml,blockfooter-left.thtml
Sat Feb 3 16:13:32 2007 - Block template for the header of events_block is: blockheader-left.thtml
Sat Feb 3 16:13:32 2007 - _BLOCK_TEMPLATE[events_block] = blockheader-left.thtml,blockfooter-left.thtml
Sat Feb 3 16:13:32 2007 - Block template for the footer of events_block is: blockfooter-left.thtml
Sat Feb 3 16:13:32 2007 - _BLOCK_TEMPLATE[whosonline_block] = blockheader-right.thtml,blockfooter-right.thtml
Sat Feb 3 16:13:32 2007 - Block template for the header of whosonline_block is: blockheader-right.thtml
Sat Feb 3 16:13:32 2007 - _BLOCK_TEMPLATE[whosonline_block] = blockheader-right.thtml,blockfooter-right.thtml
Sat Feb 3 16:13:32 2007 - Block template for the footer of whosonline_block is: blockfooter-right.thtml
Sat Feb 3 16:13:32 2007 - _BLOCK_TEMPLATE[first_block] = blockheader-right.thtml,blockfooter-right.thtml
Sat Feb 3 16:13:32 2007 - Block template for the header of first_block is: blockheader-right.thtml
Sat Feb 3 16:13:32 2007 - _BLOCK_TEMPLATE[first_block] = blockheader-right.thtml,blockfooter-right.thtml
Sat Feb 3 16:13:32 2007 - Block template for the footer of first_block is: blockfooter-right.thtml
Sat Feb 3 16:13:32 2007 - _BLOCK_TEMPLATE[polls_block] = blockheader-right.thtml,blockfooter-right.thtml
Sat Feb 3 16:13:32 2007 - Block template for the header of polls_block is: blockheader-right.thtml
Sat Feb 3 16:13:32 2007 - _BLOCK_TEMPLATE[polls_block] = blockheader-right.thtml,blockfooter-right.thtml
Sat Feb 3 16:13:32 2007 - Block template for the footer of polls_block is: blockfooter-right.thtml
Sat Feb 3 16:13:32 2007 - _BLOCK_TEMPLATE[whats_new_block] = blockheader-right.thtml,blockfooter-right.thtml
Sat Feb 3 16:13:32 2007 - Block template for the header of whats_new_block is: blockheader-right.thtml
Sat Feb 3 16:13:32 2007 - _BLOCK_TEMPLATE[whats_new_block] = blockheader-right.thtml,blockfooter-right.thtml
Sat Feb 3 16:13:32 2007 - Block template for the footer of whats_new_block is: blockfooter-right.thtml

The only menu items that don't throw an error are home (index.php), Advanced Search (search.php), Site Statistics (stats.php), Dirctory (directory.php), My Account (usersettings.php), GL Version Check Test (versioncheck.php), Documentation (docs/index.html) & install/install.php.

The pages that throw errors are any of the php files in the admin subdirectory, with the exception of install/install.php, and any php files in links, polls, and calendar.

I am doing a basic install with standard paths. I have spent hours pouring over my paths in config and lib-common and I can't find a thing.

I had to chmod logs, data, backups, backend and images to 777.

TIA
!

ironmax

Anonymous
Set your rootdebug = true in your config.php file and then load up your page to see what your error is. Then you should have a better clue as to whats causing the errors.

Michael

Text Formatted Code

// When set to true, this will display /detailed/ debug information in the event
// of a PHP error. ONLY set this to true with your non-production development
// environments!
$_CONF['rootdebug'] = false;

freeman

Anonymous
Setting <$_CONF['rootdebug'] = true;> doesn't net any messages.

Setting <$_COM_VERBOSE = true;> in lib-common.php gets me the messages I listed above.

The comment in lib-common.php states:

/**
* Turn this on to get various debug messages from the code in this library
* @global Boolean $_COM_VERBOSE
*/

I note that all the errors seem to be thrown when hitting subdirectories with php files in them that colntain <require_once ('../lib-common.php'Wink;>.

install/install.php worked and doesn't have that reference.

I tried <chmod -R 777 links layout> to no avail, to see if links.php would start working.

Freeman

Anonymous
OK, so I am not getting any relevant error reporting even though most of my site won't load.

I checked my error log for a previous install of Geeklog, 1.3.11 or something, and I have reams of exactly the same errors as are posted above. I had left reporting turned on in lib-common.php and never checked the error log because I never had a problem. So I should be running if you believe the error log.

Freeman

Anonymous
OK, so I am not getting any relevant error reporting even though most of my site won't load.

I checked my error log for a previous install of Geeklog, 1.3.11 or something, and I have reams of exactly the same errors as are posted above. I had left reporting turned on in lib-common.php and never checked the error log because I never had a problem. So I should be running if you believe the error log.

jmucchiello

Forum User
Did you fix the "include /path/to/geeklog/config.php" line in you lib-common.php?

ironmax

Anonymous
If you have access to your server, you may want to turn your logging on for php errors in your php.ini file.

Text Formatted Code

; Log errors to specified file.
error_log =  path/to/your/log/file

just a thought that might help. i have mine turned on and it helps alot.

Michael

Freeman

Anonymous
I couldn't find anything wrong with the "include /path/to/geeklog/config.php" line in my lib-common.php . It simply reads < require_once( './../config.php' ); > which is correct.

My setup uses the standard paths.

All references to lib-common.php in various index.php files are correct too.

I don't have access to the php.ini but I put this in an .htaccess file:

php_flag display_errors on
php_flag display_startup_errors on
php_value error_reporting 2047

No result.

Found it on a unfamiliar site:

http://fundisom.com/phpsnippets/snip/directories/htaccess_error_handling/

I am running out of time and may ask the host's support if I can think of an intelligent and relevant way to put it. Cry

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by: Freeman

I couldn't find anything wrong with the "include /path/to/geeklog/config.php" line in my lib-common.php . It simply reads < require_once( './../config.php' ); > which is correct.

No, it's not. This has to be a full and absolute path.

bye, Dirk

Freeman

Anonymous
embarrassed
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I don't even know how it got that way. I thought it unpacked like that. But when I checked the box, it definitely reads /path/to/geeklog/config.php . :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

Thank you. Oops!

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:18 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content