Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, April 16 2024 @ 12:38 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Problems on Mac OS X 10.4.8 Server

berto

Forum User
Junior
Hi All !
I have installed on two Mac OS X 10.4.8 servers.. I have no issues when installing but this is what happens after installing... I get to the page to login I enter the username and password then hit login... the screen refreshes but does nothing.. then I click on a menu item and it goes to the page and shows me logged in....

I just finished installing on the second system and found the same issue... On the first server I installed it on after a couple of days then it goes to the admin page but shows me logged in as guest user... I refresh the user prefs and they come back up again showing the correct user logged in but I still have the issue when first trying to login...

Any insight as to what might be going on would be greatly appreciated.

thanks !

berto

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Sounds like a caching issue. Are you sure it's not your browser (Opera, for example, is often caching things it shouldn't)? Or some proxy in between?

bye, Dirk

dewdoo

Forum User
Chatty
I had similiar problems too. All you have to do is turn off Performance cache. That should help you out.

berto

Anonymous
Reset browser (all) and Performance Cache was already disabled but did toggle it anyways... still same issue.. I think there maybe something in the config.php that might be off so will check there further... Thanks for the help !

berto

will try on third server later today ...

dewdoo

Forum User
Chatty
I just remembered something else I had to do, to get my username and password to work. I had to edit my (theme) header.thtml and uncomment <!--<meta http-equiv="Pragma" content="no-cache"> -->

berto

Forum User
Junior
Thanks for remembering! I think I am getting closer.. still have little issues.. on two systems.. third one installed but cannot login to it at all.. will try replacing the database and then re install if not.. will let you know if that helps with the other two.. they have picked up some since my last post so will hope this really helps.. I tested geeklog out a year or maybe two ago and did not have that problem.. but wasn't running on 10.4.8 server at the time either... was on client 10.3 . Anyways thanks for your input!

berto

berto

Anonymous
Just thought I would post an update.....

Issue is still present.. not quite as bad as it does log me in okay.. I have tested with multiple browsers and all but still getting the same issues.. Thanks for the help .. I will keep looking and trying to see what I can do and will post back if I find anything ..

dewdoo

Forum User
Chatty
Hopefully this will fix your problem. I decided to TRY to recreate your problem on my Mac OS X server. I added another test site and I have the same problem as you do. I believe I have a solution and it has worked on my test site. In your config.php, serach for
Text Formatted Code
$_CONF['cookiedomain']                  = ''; // e.g. '.example.com'

then change it to your domain name
Text Formatted Code
$_CONF['cookiedomain']                  = '.your.site.com'; // e.g. '.example.com'

notice you have period in front of domain name. With the added fixes from above replies and this fix. Should solve problems. I have tested on my server and no-more login problems.
LMK if this works for you.

berto

Forum User
Junior
embarrassed
Arrrrrrrg! Just checked and did not have the period in front... issue is now all gone and working as it should ! Thank You! :banana:

dewdoo

Forum User
Chatty
I am glad to help a fellow mac user. :banana:

berto

Forum User
Junior
Well, thought I had the issue fixed.. but didn't really... having tried all I could think of... and help from all kinda gave up on this one..... I helped a friend get interested in geeklog and they had the same issue and had tried everything I had... they finally found an article from apple developer by searching for safari cache control.. found a section in the article ..

so try this.....if you are having this issue and have not found a resolution... see if it works...

put this in the header.thtml file..

<?php

header("Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, max-age=0"Wink; // HTTP/1.1
header("Cache-Control: post-check=0, pre-check=0", false);

?>
worked wonders on my test sites.. :banana:

and thanks very much to all that have helped..

berto

Forum User
Junior
Since adding the above to my header.thtml file I have had no instances of the issue ... checked in multiple browsers and issue does now seem to be gone...

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:38 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content