Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, April 23 2024 @ 05:52 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

captcha not captcha-ing

jeremy1701

Anonymous
angelic
Good day all,
I installed gl-captcha last night to stop the onslaught of spam registrations I've been getting. It appears to work fine, with one small glitch... It's not stopping anyone from registering!! It doesn't verify the email address are the same and it doesn't check it to see if the image/text match?!

Looking at the code, it appears that function custom_usercheck is simply never called. Where should I add the call to this function? In users.php or in lib-custom.php?

Thanks all. Happy holidays!!
Jeremy

jeremy1701

Anonymous
**bump**

Smile

mevans

Forum User
Jeremy,

My guess is that you are running an older Geeklog installation. Support for calling custom_usercheck was added in Geeklog v1.3.11sr2, so if you are on an older version, it won't do you any good.

From the README:

REQUIREMENTS

gl-captcha requires Geeklog v1.3.11sr2 or higher. It WILL NOT work with
older versions of Geeklog.

Could this be your problem?

Thanks!
Mark

lancelotdulac

Forum User
Jeremy,

If you are using Geeklog v1.3.11sr2 or higher, then a possible cause is that you may have forgot to change the custom_registration flag to true in the Geeklog config.php.

Look for the following code in the Geeklog config.php:

Text Formatted Code

// +---------------------------------------------------------------------------+
// | Support for custom user registration form and account details             |
// | Requires custom functions to be written that can be placed in lib-custom  |
// | Function hooks are in users.php, usersettings.php and admin/user.php      |
// +---------------------------------------------------------------------------+
$_CONF['custom_registration'] = true;  // Set to true if you have custom code

Set this flag to true and Geeklog will call custom_usercheck automatically.

Hope this helps,

James

jeremy1701

Anonymous
Thanks all! I will update my version of GL shortly and let you know if that helps!

Jeremy

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:52 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content