Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 19 2024 @ 06:12 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

spam bots leaving comments on my geeklog site

sohmc

Anonymous
I want to leave my blog so that people leave comments without having to register. However, a few spam bots have been leaving some rather offensive posts which are offensive to my audience.

Is there away to use captiva on the comments page so that spam bots can be cleared?

Or is there another way to do this?

ironmax

Anonymous
Quote by: sohmc

I want to leave my blog so that people leave comments without having to register. However, a few spam bots have been leaving some rather offensive posts which are offensive to my audience.

Is there away to use captiva on the comments page so that spam bots can be cleared?

Or is there another way to do this?

Do you have the spam-x plugin turned on?

arkhan

Forum User
How do you turn that on?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
It's actually enabled by default. You should see an entry "Spam-X" under your "Admins only" block.

See the wiki and the Geeklog documentation that comes with your install for more information.

bye, Dirk

Laugh

Site Admin
Admin
Spam-X is a plugin. Depending on the version of geeklog you have installed, the spam-x plugin may already be installed on your system. Spam-X lets you add keywordsthat you don't want to show up on your site. If these are detected in a comment post,forum post, etc.. then the entire post is discarded and the user will get a SPAM found message.

One of the Geeklog Core Developers.

sohmc

Anonymous
Quote by: ironmax
Do you have the spam-x plugin turned on?[/p]

Isn't spam-x only for registration? I want to do it on the submit comments page.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
You're confusing Spam-X and CAPTCHA. Please read some of the links I provided above ...

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:12 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content