Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 07:58 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

assigning moderators to a forum

greatdane

Anonymous
How do you declare moderators to a forum? (just like this geeklog site displays each forum moderator as Blaine, Dirk, etc...)

i tried going to the forum moderator section and adding moderators but the names don't show up... help?

Dazzy

Forum User
Login as an admin and go to the Forum admin page.

from there click on Moderator and then click add record, highlight the forums you want to be moderated, click the user in the box beside and then set the permissions and click Add record.

Dazzy

greatdane

Anonymous
I tried that. The records were added, but when i went to forum index, next to "Moderators" for each forum, that user's name was not added.

So it just says,

Moderators:

Any ideas why it's not

Moderators: name, name, etc?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
That may be a feature of the new forum (2.6) version. Or maybe just a template issue.

bye, Dirk

Blaine

Forum User
Quote by: greatdane

How do you declare moderators to a forum? (just like this geeklog site displays each forum moderator as Blaine, Dirk, etc...)

i tried going to the forum moderator section and adding moderators but the names don't show up... help?

What version of the forum are you using ?

Not that there was as far as I can recall an issue assigning moderators in previous releases - as it's a pretty key feature used by all. Make sure your using the provided plugin templates files and default language to rule out any of these issues.
Geeklog components by PortalParts -- www.portalparts.com

Dazzy

Forum User
The only reason why they don't appear on my live site is becuase I removed the reference from the template file. They show up fine on my test bed which as forum 1.6 installed.

IIRC they are called in the forumlisting_record.thtml, check to ensure the {moderator} tag is there.

Dazzy

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:58 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content