Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 19 2024 @ 09:38 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

StaticPages - Amazon aStore - Anyone manage to get working in GL please?

Anon

Forum User
Junior
I wonder if anyone has managed to get Amazon aStores working within Geeklog please?

I am using staticpages and have tried all three options:

Simple link (called with readfile php and execute php enabled) eg readfile("http://astore.amazon.co.uk/XXXX"Wink;
Embed my store using an inline frame
Embed my store using a frameset.

The first is okay on the first page, but then any links within the called page create error messages (as they seem to be looking for subdomain XXXX of my site rather than the aStore).

The second and third options will not even let me save and come up with a HTTP error 406.

I also tried to add a Self Optimising Link into a block but again it would not let me save>

Does anyone have any suggestions please? I can link as a page outside my site but was trying to integrate.

Many thanks

Anon

Anon

Forum User
Junior
After a bit of searching around on the Amazon forums, I came across a free php script that can be used in conjunction with the Amazon aStore so that it can be easily integrated into Geeklogs (using an include statement and enabling execute php).

1. Set up an aStore in Amazon.
2. Get script from http://www.adbabel.net/astore-seo/
3. Update script to include your aStore url and save (I saved outside my public folder to prevent spiders seeing the script).
4. Call the script I used include("/home/XXXX/geeklog/amaseo.php"Wink;

Hope this helps someone else.

Anon

Island Rokman

Anonymous
To get amazon to work inside create static page and use the code from your astore that gives the scripting for iframe. then include that scripting in the body of your static page. Set only left blocks in static page then click on the shopping topic in your links this will open your astore within your site. see http://loveofseduction.ca click on the Love of Shopping in the topics section. Then click on any of the flags you will see that I have 3 amazon stores running from my site. Cheers Island Rokman Loveof Seduction

LWC

Forum User
Why only left blocks? It's not a requirement, it's just what you personally wanted. The point is it works right out of the box so there's no need for anything special. It's just like any iframe you put in a staticpage.

::Ben

Forum User
Here his the code I use in a static page
Text Formatted Code

<div align="center">
  <iframe src="http://astore.amazon.fr/geeklogfr-21" width="800px" height="1200px" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto">
  </iframe>
</div>

You can see it in action in our astore on geeklog.fr

I'm available to customise your themes or plugins for your Geeklog CMS

Anon

Forum User
Junior
Thank you for the replies - as I mentioned above, iframes should work and is clearly working for other. I could not understand why it would not, but it still will not save and comes up with the 406 error - I have recently changed over to IE7 therefore it may be something in one of the security settings in there but haven't worked out which one yet.

I did find when I looked at the Adbabel website that apparently using their script should enable your site aStore to get picked up better by search engines (as iframes are ignored by spiders?) and also one of the versions allows you to integrate the international Amazon sites as well which is a bonus feature.

In the past I had used MrRat's Amazon Product Feed (APF) script (from www.absolutefreebies.com) and have been pleased with it, but this new aStore adds even more functionality (and is much easier to use for a novice like me).

Many thanks

Anon

Forum User

Yes, aStore is very flexible. Have a look to this one.

I'm available to customise your themes or plugins for your Geeklog CMS

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:38 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content