Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 06:10 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Why Is My SIte Too Wide in IE?

Wyoming

Forum User
Junior
There has to be a better reason for this to be happening beyond my current thinking that "IE is just a hassle."

I use Firefox for the most part and did all of my page building using Firefox as my browser. However, when viewed in IE (just loaded IE 7) my pages are too wide for the screen and I get a scroll bar at the bottom. Perfect in Firefox, goobered up in IE.

I'm sure I'm missing something really obvious. My internet searches haven't shed much light on this and I'm not seeing anything in the archives here that helps.

I'm really quite confused Rolling Eyes

Can anyone point me down the right path here?

Thanks in advance.

Glenn

beewee

Forum User
I guess an URL would be quite helpful...
Dutch Geeklog sites about camping/hiking:
www.kampeerzaken.nl | www.campersite.nl | www.caravans.nl | www.caravans.net

Wyoming

Forum User
Junior
Mornin', Folks.

I've been messing with this and am still flummoxed:

- I've tried several different themes including professional and they all display too wide.

- I tried eliminating all right blocks and there is no change.

- I've gone into my html and made sure that there isn't some wide element that IE can't figure out how to size and there's nothing that I can find. Actually I did find one and changed it but it didn't make a difference.

- It's worst on the front page where I have a static page displaying at the top, but the other pages also have the same problem but to a lesser degree.

Hi, Beewee, thanks for the response. The URL is: http://www.wyomingstockdog.com

buckwildbill

Forum User
Chatty
I see what you mean when viewing your site in IE. I don't get a scroll bar when I look at it in IE but the site is definately wider. A quick look at the html source and I see lots of invalid markup. It looks like each one of you stories has thier own set of html, body, head tags. I would guess that your problem has something to do with that.

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:10 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content