Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, April 23 2024 @ 11:07 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Problem posting comments

Brajana

Anonymous
Whenever I try to post a comment, when I click "Preview" it gives me an error, saying: "Please fill in the Title and Comment fields, as they are necessary for your submission of a comment." However, I am most definately filling in the Title and Comment fields, so that obviously is not the problem. Any advice?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Which Geeklog version is that? Which theme are you using and did you try it with the Professional theme?

bye, Dirk

Brajana

Anonymous
I'm using DarkNinja theme, which seems to be the problem. It will not let me post comments and will not let me edit stories, those are the problems I have found so far. Could you tell me if there are any code segments I need to change to get these functions to work? I know that DarkNinja is from an earlier version of GeekLog, but I have made some modifications to it and I do not want to start over.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Compare the files in the "comment" directory of that theme against the ones from the Professional theme. You're probably missing a few fields.

bye, Dirk

Brajana

Anonymous
I went through all of the files in each comments folder (professional and DarkNinja) and I fixed the few discrepencies I found. Still did not fix the problem, however. Any more ideas?

Brajana

Anonymous
Sorry about the double post, but I also just went and replaced all the files in the layout's comment folder with the ones from the professional layout, and I still am getting the error. However, comments DO work if I am in the Professional Theme.... could there be somewhere else that the layout is messing it up?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
For posting, everything that matters should be in the commentform.thtml (or commentform_advanced.thtml, if you're using FCKeditor) template file. And since you say it's working with the Professional theme, it's not an issue with the PHP code.

I have to admit I'm stumped ...

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:07 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content