Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 05:31 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Forum Install Problem

williambrandes

Forum User
Junior
caffeinated
I am going to ease into this one if you don't mind. I have installed forums on GL sites in the past, but, earlier versions of GL and Forum without a hitch. But, now I am running GL Version (1.4.0sr3) although I know there is an update.

So, question ONE, would be ... can I just drop in updated files without uploading the whole new GL tarball. I can't just decompress in my directory, I have to upload a file at a time and create my directories all on dial-up. I would rather not upload a completely new site .............. so ................

Question TWO, and this pertains to the Forum. I get this error message on trying to install through my GL plugin page ........

Parse error: parse error, unexpected $ in /usr/local/etc/httpd/thisismysite/plugins/forum/config.php on line 146

is this perhaps because I cannot install Froum version 2.5RC1.3_1.3.11 with this candidate of GL? Or, if I can, can you point me in the direction of a solution? Thanks, great program as always. William

William Brandes Consulting
www.wbrandes.com

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by williambrandes: So, question ONE, would be ... can I just drop in updated files without uploading the whole new GL tarball.

We do provide upgrade archives that contain only the files that changed over the previous version. Check the download area.

Quote by williambrandes: Parse error: parse error, unexpected $ in /usr/local/etc/httpd/thisismysite/plugins/forum/config.php on line 146

You made a change in the plugin's config.php such that the result is not valid PHP any more and so the PHP interpreters barfs. Check the file (around and before line 146) for the usual, i.e. missing quotes and semicolons.

bye, Dirk

William Brandes

Anonymous
embarrassed
Dirk. Thank you for your quick reply. I was pretty tired, you know that 5 hour difference here in the states and let your answer roll about in my brain while in a dream state.

I had not changed the config file, but, you led me in the right direction. The file had not totally uploaded, so, the line mentioned was the last in the file. I got that right and bingo.

I will go back and look in downloads for upgrade files to the new release of GL. Didn't see on first glance. Just missed them I guess. Thanks and have a great day. William

williambrandes

Forum User
Junior
Thanks Dirk. Didn't get past line 146, because, well, the whole file didn't upload properly. Some sleep helped in that one and you pointing in the right direction.

OK, now installed, populated categories and other stuff. However, on posting a message AND using preview, I get this

Topic post preview
Failed to load filter Basic

Know what this is the result of? I can post the message if I just hit submit. Nice look in the updated forum by the way. William

William Brandes Consulting
www.wbrandes.com

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by williambrandes: Topic post preview

Never seen that one before. This is something Blaine would have to answer ...

bye, Dirk

Blaine

Forum User
Quote by williambrandes:
Topic post preview

Know what this is the result of? I can post the message if I just hit submit. Nice look in the updated forum by the way. William

Sounds like you don't have the PEAR class and files for the BBCodeParser installed - referenced in step 1.5 of the install directions.
Geeklog components by PortalParts -- www.portalparts.com

William Brandes

Anonymous
caffeinated
Thanks for sticking with me guys. The problem was that I had a lower case "f" on the directory "Filter" Doh! - that was a mistake . Thanks again, William Brandes

Jingis

Forum User
confused
Hello I need some help with my plugin: forum 2.5RC13_1.3.11

This links in the forum doesn’t work.

The links Forum Index and Popular Topics results in this message…

Warning: main(../../../lib-common.php) [function.main ]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in geeklog_dir/forum/gf_functions.php on line 37

Fatal error: main() [function. require]: Failed opening required '../../../lib-common.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in geeklog_dir/forum/gf_functions.php on line 37

And in Admins Only the link to the Forum ends up in this...

Warning: main(../lib-common.php) [function. main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in geeklog_dir/admin/plugins/forum/index.php on line 37

Fatal error: main() [function. require]: Failed opening required '../lib-common.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in geeklog_dir/admin/plugins/forum/index.php on line 37

Exactly which file should I place exactly where to make the forum work?

(Could the lib-common file be corrupt or have I put it in the wrong place? If so, where should I put it?)

Can someone help me

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by Jingis: Could the lib-common file be corrupt or have I put it in the wrong place?

Sounds more like you put the forum's files in the wrong places.

bye, Dirk

Jingis

Forum User
embarrassed
My forum plugin worked before I upgraded Geeklog to v. 1.4.

I put them in the exact same places as before and I read the install.doc again.

Shocked

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:31 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content