Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, March 29 2024 @ 10:21 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Question for Dirk - future of the geeklog

garfy

Forum User
Hi

FIrst of all I must say Dirk is an amazing person he always gave me support on using geeklog so I hope you get a lot of donations for that. My first cms site was based on geeklog and it also brought me the most money till now. Geeklog is very good cms but still it ha its flaws.

There must be a way to fix those.I really wanna use geeklog for all my site but I would have to ask you what are the plans with geeklog for the future. I miss few important things in geeklog that are used in other cms systems like Joomla.

SO I am asking you Dirk if somebody will make following thinks in the future

1. custom meta title and description tags for each page - as a plugin
2. custom add of alt tags to pictures - for blind people
3. captcha plugin againsta annoying spam

I really need those things uregently becauseI am planing to built new sites but I miss these thinkgs

And pleas do not give e liks to hacks for these problems because these hacks are really time consuming and you have to rdo them after each update. Let me know if someone wil do that or I will have to switch to other cms

thanks Dirk for all the work. Is there money needed for somebody to do these things because probablay people would donate.

thanks

tokyoahead

Anonymous
1: I am about to write a tag-plugin that will be released after 1.4.1 has come out, maybe with 1.4.2 or earlier

3: that exists already. check the downloads area

garfy

Forum User
tokyo that is great

so let me know when you gonna create the plugin for meta tags

also installing captcha has to do with so much code hack , why would it not be possible to just has is as a plugin and not to hack the code and database?

tokyoahead

Anonymous
the captcha hack is a function that interacts with geeklog in points where no plugin interactions were prepared, thats why its not such an easy install.

making plugin-interaction points for captcha only is a lot of work for one plugin. we would have to include this into the core code to make it work properly, meaning that we would have to take over maintenance for the additional code. This might be possible in the future, but no such effort has been discussed yet.

garfy

Forum User
but captcha is a must have

i tried to install it and I could not do it, if I have let say 10 sites it is so much time to install the hack each time

please implement it into code i think everybody has spammers on their sites

i am sure nobody wil be against it

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:21 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content