Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 07:10 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Suggestions for Calendar Plugin

drewlander

Anonymous
I am sure that I could hack this up myself in a short amount of time, but also other users would probably be interested in seeing this change in the calendar. Getting down to it, I could have as many as 30 events on my calendar any given day. With that in mind -- it looks pretty silly in the "Month" view with the long and narrow blocks. My suggestion is that the "Month" view should have the option to show "(x) Events" on a day, where "x" represents the count, and then that is linked the same as the date to show all events for that day. If someone wants to get real crafty, perhaps it could go so far as to show something like "(x)[Event Type]"; i.e. "(3) Appointments", and list the number for each event type.

Also having the option to change the intial view would be nice as well. For instance, when you click on "Calendar" at the top of the page, it would go to the "week" view instead.

-d

tokyoahead

Anonymous
Quote by drewlander: I am sure that I could hack this up myself in a short amount of time

great!

please submit your code to

http://project.geeklog.net/tracker/?func=add&group_id=6&atid=107

Please also observe that there is a feature-freeze on the current version 1.4.1.
If you submit the code now, it will appear in 1.4.2.

I am looking forward to your contribution! We can always need a friendly hand supporting our efforts in making GL a better software!

Quote by drewlander: also other users would probably be interested in seeing this change in the calendar

exactly. I am sure they will be VERY happy if you can get this done.

samstone

Forum User
Since Calendar is now a plugin and won't affect the GL core codes anymore, I guess you can submit the improved plugin directly to the "Downloads" area.

Unless this plugin is already owned by someone!

Sam

tokyoahead

Anonymous
well the calendar plugin as such is a part of the core code.

this implies:

1. if GL is released as a beta or RC, the calendar has the same status. So if you take out the code of Calendar now, you might get a buggy code.
2. It has a name, its own version. If you want to take it over, you will have to fork it and rename it. Otherwise people will have trouble with the updates once they install a new version of GL with the calendar plugin bundled.

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:10 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content