Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, April 24 2024 @ 10:25 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Errror Message

jjmilla

Forum User
Need some help! Not very familiar with Geeklog but willing to learn. I
Been helping out with this site for since last year. Last year had no issues.
this year site had to be updated to new version of geeklog. this is when the issues started. Have been able to correct some of the issues but still have one i don't know where to go to correct.

Has to do with Forums. Whem click on Forums on the header get the following error message:

Warning: fopen(/home/hamilton/logs/error.log) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/hamilton/public_html/lib-common.php on line 1704
An SQL error has occurred. Please see error.log for details.

Appreciate any input on how to fix.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
The error.log file has to be writable so that Geeklog can log error message there. See the installation instruction for details.

Once you've done that, try again and check the error message you'll then find in error.log. If you can't figure out what's wrong, post it here.

bye, Dirk

jjmilla

Anonymous
After some trial and error I got the error.log working correctly.

The log directory and the files were not there. I recreated them and they now seem to be functioning.
When I click on forum now I get the following:

An SQL error has occurred. Please see error.log for details.

when I go into the error.log this is the message that is posted:

Tue 26 Sep 2006 20:39:20 EDT - 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1. SQL in question: SELECT * FROM

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by jjmilla: SQL in question: SELECT * FROM

You get an error here because that SQL request is missing a table name (should come after the "FROM").

My guess is that this is coming from a plugin. If you can do that from within Geeklog (i.e. your site is still working so that you can do that), try disabling the plugins one after the other until the error goes away.

If your site isn't working at all at the moment, then you'll have to do that in the database directly (table "gl_plugins", set the field "pi_enabled" to 0 to disable a plugin).

bye, Dirk

jjmilla

Anonymous
Thanks for you help!! Have got the issue resolved and site is up and running>

jjmilla

Forum User
Was trying to update the forums to versions 2.3.2 from version 2.2. not sure waht I did but now getting the following error message when trying to access the site.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function STORY_renderArticle() in /home/hamilton/public_html/index.php on line 182

Help!!

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by jjmilla: Fatal error: Call to undefined function STORY_renderArticle() in /home/hamilton/public_html/index.php on line 182

STORY_renderArticle is a function located in system/lib-story.php

This shouldn't have anything at all to do with the forum, unless you accidentally overwrote a few files somewhere ...

bye, Dirk

jjmilla

Forum User
now getting the following error message

Fatal error: Call to undefined function COM_article() in /home/hamilton/public_html/index.php on line 182

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
You must be mixing code or files from different Geeklog versions there. COM_article is the old name of STORY_renderArticle.

bye, Dirk

jjmilla

Forum User
That was the issue - had a somone look at the site who is more familiar with geeklog. Some how the index.php had reverted back to 1.3. He replaced the index.php with the latest gl 1.4 and it brought the page up.

next question - still working on the forums - on the main page have Forum posts block which shows new posts to the forums. Currently shows the followin error message:

Error in PHP Block. Function, phpblock_forum_newposts2, does not exist.

how do i fix this?

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:25 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content