Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 04:44 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Unable To Upload to MG

The McCrady

Anonymous
Hey everyone , When I try tp upload media to my MG I get the following Error.

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/themccra/public_html/mediagallery/mediaobjects/orig/2/2_dsc_0036.jpg): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/themccra/public_html/mediagallery/lib-upload.php on line 1347

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/php3vV97K' to '/home/themccra/public_html/mediagallery/mediaobjects/orig/2/2_dsc_0036.jpg' in /home/themccra/public_html/mediagallery/lib-upload.php on line 1347

Any Suggestions?

Thanks

mevans

Forum User
This is a permission issue with the Media Gallery directorys. See the wiki documentation here for information on how to setup your Media Gallery directory permissions.

Basically, all the directories under mediagallery/mediabojects/ on your web site need to be writable by the web server. You can go into Admins Only -> Media Gallery -> System Options and when you save here, it will run a quick self check and let you know if there are any other permission problems that need to be fixed.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!
Mark

The McCrady

Anonymous
Ok , I see a bunch of Directoryies that are not writable. Do I CHMOD them to 775 or 777? I will play with it some and see if i can get it right.

Thanks,
The McCrady http://themccrady.com

The McCrady

Anonymous
Ok , nowe the only directory that is not writable is this one:
tmp Path NOT Writable

Here is this at ?

The McCrady

mevans

Forum User
The tmp directory is defined in the Admins Only -> Media Gallery -> System Options, look near the bottom. I believe the default is:

path-to-geeklog/plugins/mediagallery/tmp

but double check what you have set in your configuration.

Thanks!
Mark

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:44 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content