Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, March 19 2024 @ 12:21 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Export Geeklog Content to Movable Type

macsteve

Anonymous
hi there!

is it posible to export every geeklog-content (there are just articles and users - links and the calendar aren't important) to Movable-Type-Files?

macsteve

Anonymous
is this really not posible???? Crying or Very sad Giving it a try

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
I doubt anyone here knows anything about that MovableType format ...

Exporting the stories from the database should be easy enough. phpMyAdmin, for example, has an option to export tables to CSV. You should be able to rescue your story text from there - manually, if nothing else helps (I have no idea which, if any, import formats MT supports).

HTH

bye, Dirk

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Well, I did actually write a plugin now that can both import from and export to Movable Type's import format.

It's a little rough around the edges still, but seems to do the job. And the content I tested it with did (more or less) survive the round trip from Geeklog to MT and back to Geeklog.

It currently requires Geeklog 1.4.1, but it should be possible to make it work with 1.4.0 if there's enough demand.

What I'm looking for now are people who could test it with real data (any direction). Anyone interested?

bye, Dirk

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Heh, maybe I should check our own download section before reinventing the wheel. But at least my wheel, err, plugin, can also do exports 8)

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:21 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content