Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 06:34 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Mayaro.com, any simple way to use themes on it?

aleemkhan

Forum User
cheerful
Hello folks,
I feel guilty sometimes when I use this forum because people are so kind to respond promptly for free. Anyway, I have this website Mayaro.com.

Mayaro is a rural fishing village along the southeast coast of my country. Now, the intention is to make it a community website, so while I like you all very much, please don't sign up as a new user if you're not from or have some kind of connection to Mayaro. Smile

Now to me question. What I've noticed is that some people use themes with Geeklog and I want to use a theme on this website but I also want to be able to upgrade easily when new versions of Geeklog are released. Can those two go together? I mean, is it possible to install a theme and still easily upgrade when upgrades are released? If I'm asking for miracles, feel free to tell me and I'll be cool if it can't. As you will be able to tell from this Mayaro website, I've changed very little from the Geeklog professional layout and the reason for that is precisely to make upgrading to new versions of Geeklog easy.

Hope you understood my question.

Thanks,
Aleem
Geeklog is the best. ------ Yes, I know. I should change my name to conehead. :-)

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Changes in Geeklog (bugfixes and new features) often require changes in the theme, unfortunately. We only support and update the Professional theme, but we do document the changes, so you could update the theme yourself.

Also, some theme authors are quick to update their themes and the guys over at www.geekdownloads.net are also usually quick to update the most popular themes.

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:34 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content