Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, March 29 2024 @ 08:19 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Please Help!!!

Rocky

Forum User
I have installed Geek and have managed to run it succsesfully. My problem is that I don't have a clue how to get into the - confic.php file to customize the site. Please help I must be stupid or something. Thanks Rocky

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
The problem with those auto installers is that we have no idea where they put things ...

If you ftp into your account, you should find the file there somewhere (after some poking around). If you see directories called "system", "plugins", and "sql", it should be in that same directory.

HTH

bye, Dirk

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Please don't email me with support requests - I prefer to reply in the forums so that others can also benefit from the answers.

So here goes:
I have fount the config.php file - How do I get into it and how do I customize it.

Open the file in a text editor (Notepad, if you have nothing else). Read the comments and see the documentation to learn what all those options mean.

When making changes, take care not to lose any quotes or semicolons as that can cause syntax error and would prevent your site from working. When you're done making the changes, upload the file again. Have a backup of a working copy, just in case ...

bye, Dirk

Raleigh

Anonymous
embarrassed
My problem is that I can't find the path into my account. Can you help me with that?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
If you've already downloaded the config.php, you'll find the path in the $_CONF['path'] variable.

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:19 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content