Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 18 2024 @ 07:40 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Help with: You have exceeded the number of allowed login attempts. Please try again later.

desenfrenada

Anonymous
After a change from 1.3.11sr1 to 1.4.0sr2 I keep getting this error message when I try to log in (as admin or as test user), when I try to generate a new user or when I try to reset my password.
I've deleted the entry in gl_speedlimit several times as well as cookies and the browser cache. I've set speedlimit to 0 in conf.php and in users.php.

Is there anything else I could try, before I have to scratch my installation and start over?

Thanks
Melitta

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
When exactly is that happening? Each login will count as one attempt, so when you switch back and forth between accounts within the timeout, that will trigger this.

Don't set the limits to zero, btw. Set them to higher values.

bye, Dirk

desenfrenada

Anonymous
Thanks for the answer.

It happens every time I try to log in. I cannot switch between accounts as I cannot log in anymore. It doesn't help if I wait for some hours and try again, I keep getting the error.
I've set the limits to 60 secs. Setting them to zero didn't help anyway.

I think I'll try to install again as I have a database backup. If anything improves I'll report back.

Greetings
Melitta

desenfrenada

Anonymous
Hi all,

I updated to 1.4.0sr4 following the instructions in /docs. I got no errors, and the database update said everything is already up to date. After copying the plugins I had installed in the previous versions of geeklog into the new directory, I tried to log in again.

Now I get "You may have mistyped your login credentials. Please try logging in again below." no matter what I do (log in, request new password, create new user, set user status to 0 in database).
Does anybody have suggestions what could be the problem?

Thanks in advance,
Melitta

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:40 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content