ajohnson

Forum User
Junior
I use Godaddy as a shared Linux host. Godaddy has server paths like this:

/home/content/y/o/u/youraccountname/html/geeklog/

I have GL running sweetly so far thanks to Dirk's help. Now I want to migrate the install to /home/content/y/o/u/youraccountname/html/office/.

I moved the files and directories in geeklog/public_html to /office/. I did not move any other files or directories yet. In reading the docs, it looks like I only need to change path_html in config.php from this:

$_CONF['path_html'] = $_CONF['path'] . 'public_html/';

To this:

$_CONF['path_html'] = '/home/content/y/o/u/youraccountname/html/office/';

I'm getting the error Template Error: set_root: /home/content/a/m/e/americanscsg/html/geeklog/public_html/layout/professional is not a directory. Halted.

I know something is wrong but I can't figure it out. I changed the permissions in config.php to 755 and checked the other permissions, they all seem to be right too. One odd thing, if I type http://www.mysite.com/office/admin in the address bar, it redirects to /geeklog/public_html//admin/moderation.php and throws a 404 error.

Any ideas?

ajohnson

Forum User
Junior
It's partly fixed now. Godaddy has some kind of latency in their server updates, even though it shows up in the FTP client. It specifically mentions scripts. Ugh. Looks like I have to migrate more files or fix more paths, but at least index.php runs. Hopefully this will help others using Godaddy. I'm still getting that admin redirect too.