Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 18 2024 @ 04:33 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Fckeditor and Plain Text

holdenpike

Forum User
Ok so I enabled fck editor and it works like a dream except for one thing.

When members try to submit stories and they choose plain text as the method when they hit submit the error comes back that you have to fill out all the required fields. Then after a few times it gets picked up as spam.

Is this a bug in teh plain text optino of fckeditor? I defaulted to HTML but most people are switching that back to plain text.

So two things.

Is there a way to disable the plaintext option?

And how or what file do you modify to include text on teh submit a story page. Example. When somone clicks on the Contirbute button to contribute a story and the fck editor comes up how can I put a list of posting rules above the editor for people to read.

Thanks for the help.

Blaine

Forum User
If the advanced editor option in config.php is enabled and a user clicks on contribute story for non story editors - the script will look for a template file called submitstory_advanced.thtml. If this template exists (and it is part of the default distribution), then the advanced editor will appear.

Just doing a test, I can see the editor appears and the default 'post mode' says 'text' which is wrong but if you toggle to 'html' and then back to 'text', the editor will disappear and the basic text input area appears.

I was not able to duplicate the 'missing fields' error.

You can edit the template and add any changes you like such as descriptive text. The template is located in layout/professional/submit folder.

Geeklog components by PortalParts -- www.portalparts.com

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:33 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content